Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Atardecer en la costa de la luz  (Read 1094 times)

MGH

Atardecer en la costa de la luz
« on: August 27, 2014, 01:05:50 pm »

I took this last week on a trip to Bolonia near Tarifa, southen Spain. You can see the hills of Morocco across the sea, they are much closer than it seems there because of the 10mm lens I used.  This bit of cost is called The Cost of Light.

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.
Mark.

Playa de Bolonia by marcodemalaga, on Flickr

owenn01

Re: Atardecer en la costa de la luz
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:59:06 am »

Hi Mark,

I think it's a shot every one of us would have been prompted into taking if I were honest! The play of light on the shoreline, the rock and cliff faces and the silky look of the water washed sand is just lovely. This gives everything a really pleasing colour wash and the whole image has a warmth that is really inviting.

If I had to make a couple of (hopefully constructive) comments, I might be tempted to crop out the sky above the wispy clouds - I don't think it adds much and it moves the horizon further away from being almost dead centre through the image. I would also ask if you had the chance to either lower the angle of the camera at the point of taking the shot, or if you knelt or squatted down when you took it to change the perspective slightly from what appears to be a more typical 'standing' shot? This would have altered the perspective and given you a different lead-in to that beautiful rock in the frame.

Finally, I like the addition of the stones across the beach and, especially, that lowest on toards the middle - I think these add greatly to the imapct of the scene and does make a difference to the image as a whole.

Great light and a lovely location - what more could you need?

Thanks for sharing and kind regards, N.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:44:40 am »

Beautiful light and photo.

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 02:26:37 pm »

I like it, but his comments were dead on.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 04:33:31 pm »

Beautiful light and photo.

+1

I think that the central placement of the horizon actually works here. Central placement usually denotes a static composition, at the risk of being boring, but here it contributes to the sense of calm and balance. Cropping the sky would put too much emphasis on the rock. The sky in this particular case is not just an area, but also a color, contributing to the overall tonality of the scene.

MGH

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »

Thanks for the comments,  but I agree with Slobodan I think for this Shot an equal amount of sky and sea works best.

HereĀ“s one took a little later that I cropped the way Owen suggested because the forground has more weight.

Playa de Bolonia by marcodemalaga, on Flickr
Pages: [1]   Go Up