Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor mismatch - help needed  (Read 943 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Monitor mismatch - help needed
« on: August 27, 2014, 09:49:59 am »

I posted this problem about half a year ago but was unable to find a solution, so I am trying again.

I have 2 NEC high-gamut monitors, PA301W as primary and LCD2690 as secondary. I calibrate them with Spectraview and an i1 Pro puck. Even right after calibration the displays don't match. The PA301 looks "right" while the 2690 has a slight, but obvious, reddish cast. I have just been living with this, doing all my color-critical work on the PA301, but I would love to fix it. FWIW, the 2690 is a couple of years older than the PA301. Thanks.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Monitor mismatch - help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:04:28 pm »

2690WUXi rev.1 has AT-W layer (Advanced True-Wide Polarizer) that improves the look of black, but can give slight pink tint when you look at an angle (which is how you look at it in dual setup), plus they both have slightly different backlight spectra, which can give slightly different wtpt calibration result with relatively low-res 10nm spectroradiometer like i1Pro. I'd use SVII visual correction tool to match them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:09:16 pm by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:22:01 pm »

2690WUXi rev.1 has AT-W layer (Advanced True-Wide Polarizer) that improves the look of black, but can give slight pink tint when you look at an angle (which is how you look at it in dual setup), plus they both have slightly different backlight spectra, which can give slightly different wtpt calibration result with relatively low-res 10nm spectroradiometer like i1Pro. I'd use SVII visual correction tool to match them.

I should have mentioned that the 2 monitors matched perfectly for quite a while before this mismatch showed up. I do not look at either monitor from an angle, they are both positioned to face me at 90 degrees. What is the SVII visual correction tool?

Thanks

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 02:24:47 pm »

SpectraView II > Select Display: 2690WUXi,

Edit > Target... > White Point [Edit...] > Visual Match, cut some R and B value
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:26:35 pm by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa
Pages: [1]   Go Up