Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD slide shows fail to play consistently  (Read 2731 times)

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
DVD slide shows fail to play consistently
« on: November 12, 2005, 01:29:12 pm »

I have created a number of DVD slide shows using a Mac with the iDVD software. I first use the iPhoto to arrange the images and add music and then export as a Quick Time movie. It is the Quick Time Movie(s) that I drag into the iDVD to then burn a disc. All seems to work well as the DVD,s will play on any relatively recent computer I have tried it on and they at first seem to play on any DVD player I have used. But often after a consecutive plays, or even well into the first play, the images will start to break up and eventually freeze. The disc will still play well on the computer. I have used several media including Fuji DVDs in both + and - formats.

A Mac website indicated that cheaper DVD payers may not have enough buffer in them. (These were lower cost DVD players which most people seem to use).

Any thoughts or experiences?
Dr D White DDS BSc

Peter McLennan

DVD slide shows fail to play consistently
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 11:04:57 pm »

Quote from: Photoguydon,Nov 12 2005, 06:29 PM
I have created a number of DVD slide shows <
snip>
But often after a consecutive plays, or even well into the first play, the images will start to break up and eventually freeze. A Mac website indicated that cheaper DVD payers may not have enough buffer in them. (These were lower cost DVD players which most people seem to use).

My experience agrees with your web information.  When the video freezes, turn off the DVD player, then re-start it and try your movie again. If it plays fine, you've confirmed your problem.  The player's buffer is becoming saturated.

Try encoding your movie at a lower bandwidth, say 3 - 4 mbps.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up