Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880 printer paper jam  (Read 1139 times)

qmulus

Epson 3880 printer paper jam
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:04:59 pm »

I had printed on Gampi paper (thin but tough Japanese paper) a couple times before without a problem. But today I tried a slightly different method, gluing only the front edge to regular 8.5 x 11" paper and sending through the auto sheet feeder. Unfortuneately, all of it wrapped around the take-up roller and can't be pulled out! Any thoughts on opening up or removing the cover to the Epson 3880 to get at the rollers?

hugowolf

Re: Epson 3880 printer paper jam
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:46:57 pm »

I had printed on Gampi paper (thin but tough Japanese paper) a couple times before without a problem. But today I tried a slightly different method, gluing only the front edge to regular 8.5 x 11" paper and sending through the auto sheet feeder. Unfortuneately, all of it wrapped around the take-up roller and can't be pulled out! Any thoughts on opening up or removing the cover to the Epson 3880 to get at the rollers?

You can download the 3800 service manual (almost identical to the 3880 mechanically) from here http://www.americaninkjetsystems.com/epson_mimaki_roland_printer_rep/StylusPro3800_service_manual.pdf

and other places on the web.

Brian A
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:38:04 am by hugowolf »

qmulus

Re: Epson 3880 printer paper jam
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 11:11:13 pm »

Thanks Brian. I wasn't having any success finding the manual online. Thanks for the link.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up