Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dev. Module 'RESET' question  (Read 2156 times)

pluton

Dev. Module 'RESET' question
« on: August 24, 2014, 03:54:29 pm »

When I import raw files, in my case from Nikon and Fujifilm cameras, I select an import preset:  For Fuji it's usually one I created called "Fuji Mk2";  for Nikon, it's usually "Camera Neutral".
When I'm adjusting the raw file in the Develop module, and I wish to reset the adjustments back to the starting point, I can press RESET at the bottom right of the Develop module.
However, when I press RESET, the image is not reset to the camera profile or preset that I started with.
Instead it is reset to "Adobe Standard"....thus necessitating an additional step to re-select the profile or preset that I had already selected at the time of import.
Question:  Is there any way to make Lightroom, when RESET is pressed, return the raw conversion to the setting, profile, or preset that it was imported with, instead of Adobe Standard?

David A

Re: Dev. Module 'RESET' question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:17:53 pm »

Create 2 Develop module presets, one for each camera, with your import preset settings. Call them "Reset Fuji Mk2" and "Reset Camera Neutral". When you want to reset an image in the Develop module, apply the appropriate Develop module preset rather than pressing the RESET button.

Making the Develop module presets is easy because all you have to do is create the preset when you open an appropriate image in the Develop module before you do any other processing. A couple of seconds work.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 05:50:14 pm »

When I import raw files, in my case from Nikon and Fujifilm cameras, I select an import preset:

The Reset button resets to the ACR/LR "Default" settings. The application of a preset will alter the default settings but doesn't change the built in "Default".  You CAN change the Default camera by camera and ISO by ISO if you want. Or you can create and use presets as you are doing, but Reset always resets to Default. And Default and presets are separate with no cross-talk.

However, it would be pretty easy to apply your preset for the camera then go up to the Develop menu and select "Set Default Settings" which will change your default settings to those that match the preset. From then on, you won't need to apply a preset when importing. Also, if you want to edit the new "Default" you can change the settings and redo the Set Default Settings. You can also always go back to the original Adobe default settings if need be.

You can also check history ad go back to after the preset and before changes to get back to the imported state...

AFairley

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:14:19 am »

The Reset button resets to the ACR/LR "Default" settings. The application of a preset will alter the default settings but doesn't change the built in "Default".  You CAN change the Default camera by camera and ISO by ISO if you want. Or you can create and use presets as you are doing, but Reset always resets to Default. And Default and presets are separate with no cross-talk.

However, it would be pretty easy to apply your preset for the camera then go up to the Develop menu and select "Set Default Settings" which will change your default settings to those that match the preset. From then on, you won't need to apply a preset when importing. Also, if you want to edit the new "Default" you can change the settings and redo the Set Default Settings. You can also always go back to the original Adobe default settings if need be.

You can also check history ad go back to after the preset and before changes to get back to the imported state...

Jeff:  but the OP shoots with two cameras, and setting his user profile for that camera as the default would only work for that camera, no? 

OP:  If you select and click on your user profile for the camera instead of Reset, doesn't that accomplish what you want?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:20:22 pm »

Jeff:  but the OP shoots with two cameras, and setting his user profile for that camera as the default would only work for that camera, no? 

Nope, the ACR/LR can be set based on camera serial number.

eliedinur

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:54:45 pm »

No need in this case; the OP's cameras are not only different models, they are from different makers also. He only has to go through the routine for setting up his personal defaults twice, each time with an image from a different camera.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Rendezvous

• Daniel Talbot Photo Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 03:49:31 pm »

Another option is to look at the history panel on the left, and click on the first item. This will take it back to the initial import with whatever preset you chose applied.

AFairley

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 05:18:30 pm »

Thanks, Jeff

pluton

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 02:30:33 am »

OP:  If you select and click on your user profile for the camera instead of Reset, doesn't that accomplish what you want?
[/quote]

I'll check this at next opportunity, thanks all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up