Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it a-me or Adobe?  (Read 2444 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Is it a-me or Adobe?
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:37:28 am »

I posted a question regarding upgrading Adobe Photoshop CC in the post http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=92715.0. I noted that I was unable to download the latest version of Photoshop CC (2014) and another lister confirmed a similar situation.

I have been able to download and install the upgrade to Lr 5.6 but when I try to download the latest version of Photoshop CC, nothing happens, even if I click on the retry link. I tried to download from another computer, thinking that the issue may be with my system, but that computer has WinXP and Adobe refuses to download to it as XP is not currently supported. (I only wanted to download it - not install it on that machine.) This has been going on for two days.

Have others had download problems with Adobe recently or should I be looking elsewhere to solve this issue?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:56:59 am by Remo Nonaz »
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

jrsforums

Re: Is it a-me or Adobe?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:50:42 am »

I posted a question regarding upgrading Adobe Photoshop CC in the post . I noted that I was unable to download the latest version of Photoshop CC (2014) and another lister confirmed a similar situation.

I have been able to download and install the upgrade to Lr 5.6 but when I try to download the latest version of Photoshop CC, nothing happens, even if I click on the retry link. I tried to download from another computer, thinking that the issue may be with my system, but that computer has WinXP and Adobe refuses to download to it as XP is not currently supported. (I only wanted to download it - not install it on that machine.) This has been going on for two days.

Have other had download problems with Adobe recently or should I be looking elsewhere to solve this issue?

A friend of mine had similar problems.  Seemed I he had not been using the CC app for updates and I something got flogged up.

He call Adobe support and they were able to remotely clean it up and get everything working properly.

John

Manoli

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

I noted that I was unable to download the latest version of Photoshop CC (2014) and another lister confirmed a similar situation.

Unable to download from where ? You should be updating from the CC app itself, not from Photoshop CC. If I launch the Adobe CC app, this is what I get (see screenshot attached) the '1 update' in the top left corner refers to Photshop CC (2014)

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:30:48 pm »

I have been doing it by logging into Adobe's user page for CC. I don't ever use the CC application itself, just Lr and PS and I know I can't do the upgrade from PS the way you can from Lr. I'll try running the CC app and see how that works. Thanks.

OK. It's a-me. I used the Creative Cloud app and the download went smoothly. Guess I'm just stuck in the old way of doing things!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:15:59 pm by Remo Nonaz »
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Simon Garrett

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 07:01:45 am »

It may be you, but it's not just you!  The whole infrastructure round CC is confusing, poorly designed and somewhat unreliable.  The way that they introduced "CC 2014" or whatever it's called is completely loopy.  

When I run the CC app, it sometimes tells me I have "Photoshop CS6" installed, rather than "Photoshop CC (2014)".  

The system needs a major overhaul.  What a pity Adobe isn't a software company.  Wait a minute...

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 02:08:40 pm »

Well... maybe. I'm not willing to completely throw Adobe under the bus. Lr and Ps CC 'whatever' are still two great programs and at $9.99 a month a very good value

Ann JS

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »

You can have several versions on your computer at the same time and just have to be careful to launch the correct one for your needs.

You  may want to keep the older Ps CC v.14.x (2013 edition) as well if you need to use old Flash-based panels or the Oil Paint Filter.

The latest version is Ps CC 2014 (v.15.x ).

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 07:22:05 pm »

I've had a very good experience with PS CS5. Runs like a charm, no hick-ups whatsoever. Quite economical, too.

Simon Garrett

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 04:52:19 am »

I've had a very good experience with PS CS5. Runs like a charm, no hick-ups whatsoever. Quite economical, too.

Me too, when I was using CS5, and also Lightroom: no problems.  However I've had a number of minor issues with the PS+LR subscription.  No show-stoppers, but minor issues, one after another. 

It took several days and around 5 hours of phone calls and online chat sessions to sort out my Adobe account before I could subscribe to the package.  Then the CC app got confused about Lightroom.  Then several updates I've had to do twice.  Then there came CC 2014, and wasn't that handled badly by Adobe!  Then after updating to CC 2014, it insisted that I didn't have "Photoshop CC (2014)" installed, but said I had "Photoshop CS6" installed. 

I think the issue is that Adobe's online systems aren't very good.  I include subscription and user management, and systems for downloading and managing sofware.  With stand-alone software this doesn't matter so much, as you need to use the online systems no more than every year or two.  With subscription systems, you depend on regular use of the online systems, and the questionable quality becomes much more obvious. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up