Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr-PScc Round Trip with HDR PRO  (Read 1439 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Lr-PScc Round Trip with HDR PRO
« on: August 19, 2014, 09:38:58 pm »

When I use the Lr command, Edit In > Merge to HDR PRO in Photoshop and run the process, the last step is to tone in ACR. After doing this I save the image with the ACR changes, and re-open it in Lr. However, the Lr image does not have the changes that I included in the ACR adjustments. How does one save the image WITH the ACR adjustments in the resulting tiff file?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

PhotoEcosse

Re: Lr-PScc Round Trip with HDR PRO
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:45:49 am »

I don't know the specific answer to your question as it is not something I would try to do.

Faced with the same requirement, I would simply save the merged file from PS back into LR and then make any further adjustments in LR. As the LR controls are virtually identical to ACR, the result should be similar. Doing it this way has the advantage that, after saving the Tiff back into LR, any number of virtual copies can be made and different LR adjustments made to each for comparison purposes.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:22 am »

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing. What I don't understand is that changes made in Photoshop ACR don't appear in the Lr tiff file. You need to do them again.

I ran a test to see if the the ACR changes were being completely ignored, or just showing up differently in Lr and it is the latter. I changed an image in ACR to black and white and the image, when opened in Lr is black and white. However, minor changes such as adding a gradient or changing color tones are very different if you look at the image in PS/ACR and Lr at the same time.

My software is all up to date with Adobe so I don't think this should be a version issue between ACR and Lr.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

bns

• Boudewijn Swanenburg Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 03:19:25 am »

Both LR and ACR do not modify the file they are working on (= parametric editing), unless you save the development steps. By saving the development steps in ACR the development parameters will be added within the TIFF file, so LR can read and apply them.

Cheers,
Boudewijn Swanenburg

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 07:01:37 am »

Both LR and ACR do not modify the file they are working on (= parametric editing), unless you save the development steps. By saving the development steps in ACR the development parameters will be added within the TIFF file, so LR can read and apply them.

Cheers,
Boudewijn Swanenburg

Yes, however unlike ACR, LR default is to read / write to the Lightroom Catalog and in this instance you may need to prompt Lightroom to read the new ACR info in the file.
See screen capture.
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6
Pages: [1]   Go Up