Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880 Ink Blobs?  (Read 719 times)

wayne2193

Epson 3880 Ink Blobs?
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:55:28 pm »

I was printing today with my Epson 3880 and am experiencing these blobs of ink on the right side of the photo as you face the printer. I did a cleaning, nozzle check and head alignment with no change. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Wayne

Some Guy

Re: Epson 3880 Ink Blobs?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 05:54:52 pm »

sounds like the head has picked up a lot of ink someplace and dragging it onto the print.  Sometimes thick papers that curl excessively up on the sides (i.e. Breathing Color) lead to that sort of stuff.

Try cleaning that wiper blade and print head parking area with the two (what used to be white) sponge pads (Turn printer on and unplug it once the head moves off to the left side as you face it).  It could be all caked up with dried and wet ink.  Also, I had some heavy cloth paper and I dipped one end of it (other remains dry) into a large flat plate with some 99% alcohol, and then fed it through the printer with the paper feed button.  I took a bit off the print head and hopefully the rest was wiped and dried as a result.

I tried to park a wet paper with alcohol on it under the head but never was successful (Too tight a fit), so I just feed the through from the back and pray.

SG

wayne2193

Re: Epson 3880 Ink Blobs?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 07:22:29 am »

Thanks. I will give that a go.

Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up