Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pano  (Read 765 times)

armand

• Photos
Pano
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:13:40 pm »

My usual place in the nearby park, slightly different point of reference.

More like a proof of concept as the fine detail is kind of crap with the LR/Photoshop.

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: Pano
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:50:35 am »

Everything is very nice - I am not too sure about the "two-tone" sky though...it seems a little strange.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:56:59 am »

Everything is very nice - I am not too sure about the "two-tone" sky though...it seems a little strange.

Now I see it, I used a couple of filters in Color Effex that probably did it, I'll deactivate the one I think is the culprit and see what happens.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:29:30 am »

It was mostly a graduated filter that had some tint which worsened what was already present.
Here is a slightly modified version.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 11:20:10 am »

The second is better IMHO. I like the colors and the pano treatment. For whatever (arbitrary?) reason, I would have liked a little higher position of the camera and a slightly more downward angle on the lens. Not a lot, just subtle. I get your point with the fine detail; I struggle with this too. Maybe others would disagree, but is there a way to mimic a T/S lens effect?

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 11:36:08 am »

I would have kept whatever graduated filter was used, just masked the sky out. It seems the second one lost some vibrancy without it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up