Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How months can the Canon IPF 8300 stand idle?  (Read 1536 times)

abeofRD

How months can the Canon IPF 8300 stand idle?
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:16:54 am »

Hello everyone,

I have a Canon 8300 that has been idle for about 10 months, I know I need to change the inks because it was almost empty before I stopped using the machine, but I changed one printhead just before. there wasn't any other errors besides printhead replacements and empty ink tanks.

My question is, what other problems might I encounter if I want to start using it again? Does it still have a life once I fill it with new ink and printhead or I am better off getting a new one? A new machine is still more expensive than buying the inks and printhead.

Does anybody has a similar experience that can guide me?

Thanks

I.T. Supplies

Re: How months can the Canon IPF 8300 stand idle?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 02:47:44 pm »

As long as the printer was shut down properly and was stored in a controlled (steady) temperature, you shouldn't have any issues besides it doing the cleanings.  It may also check that the maintenance tank is good to use.

I've checked with our Canon rep and he's had his iPF6350 on idle thru a winter and nothing was needing to be done after he turned it back on.

If you do have questions or get any errors, you can check with Canon's tech department (800-423-2366) or we can look into it for you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:49:30 pm by Atlex.com »

abeofRD

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:35:34 pm »

As long as the printer was shut down properly and was stored in a controlled (steady) temperature, you shouldn't have any issues besides it doing the cleanings.  It may also check that the maintenance tank is good to use.

I've checked with our Canon rep and he's had his iPF6350 on idle thru a winter and nothing was needing to be done after he turned it back on.

If you do have questions or get any errors, you can check with Canon's tech department (800-423-2366) or we can look into it for you.

Thank you for your reply.

Thankfully it was shut down properly, and it was stored in a more or less in a controlled environment, so i'll get new ink and a printhead.

thank you again.

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:00:31 pm »

if you wish to try a new used printhead I'd love to talk to you.

I recently had a non-printhead issue on my ipf8300 which required the replacement of both printheads. The printer still does not work and it looks like a main board replacement is in order. I'm not going to spend the $ on it.

I now have two installed but never used print heads (which I have the reciepts for). The 8300 serializes them so my left needs to be your left, but like I said, I've got both. let me know if you'd be interested in either at a deep discount.
mark

abeofRD

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:21:24 am »

if you wish to try a new used printhead I'd love to talk to you.

I recently had a non-printhead issue on my ipf8300 which required the replacement of both printheads. The printer still does not work and it looks like a main board replacement is in order. I'm not going to spend the $ on it.

I now have two installed but never used print heads (which I have the reciepts for). The 8300 serializes them so my left needs to be your left, but like I said, I've got both. let me know if you'd be interested in either at a deep discount.
mark

I would most probably get it, I just want to make sure which one I need R or L I need to double check before.

For how much?

Message me in private.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:49 am »

It wouldn't matter on which side it is since both heads are identical.  But it helps to know which side it is for the future of replacing the other head...though the printer should state which side when it's time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up