Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus 22 V mount on RZ Pro II D  (Read 1976 times)

classicam

Leaf Aptus 22 V mount on RZ Pro II D
« on: August 19, 2014, 07:06:05 am »

Hi Everyone. Is it possible to adapt the v mount Aptus 22 on a RZ Pro II D? Does it need wakeup cables or any sort to capture an image? On the phase one site it says as below:

-Hasselblad V fitting-
P/P+ series with Hasselblad V fitting can be used on the Mamiya RZ PRO II D by an adjustment performed by Mamiya.
Consult a Mamiya service center and they will be able to modify the RZ PRO II D Camera Body (Mamiya service part number Y22995-RZ) allowing the Phase One Adaptor Plate (Item number: 70964) to mount.
However the RZ PRO IID is only offically supported with the M645AF model using the 70994 plate.
Host Capture is supported with the Hasselblad V Adaptor

So am I limited to use only the phase one adapter to get the aptus in v mount to work with the RZ Pro II D or the combination simply do not work for a v mount leaf back and a Pro II D? Will a leaf adapter allow me to use a Pro II D with the v mount Aptus? What kind of camera adjustment does mamiya perform? Is it DIYable as I'm located in China and last time I checked Mamiya China does not provide any service regarding the RZ Pro IID adjustment. Any input will be much appreciate! Thanks!

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Leaf Aptus 22 V mount on RZ Pro II D
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:29:24 am »

With an Aptus all you need is an adapter plate, either a Leaf one or a Silvestri one. If you buy the Leaf one it'll come with a lens-to-back sync cable, a focusing screen (48x36) and a remote cable for the motordrive. We do not make them any longer but some still exist in stock. Contact your local Mamiya Leaf dealer: http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/partners.html

For Silvestri: http://www.silvestricamera.com/eng/prodotti_eng/digital%20accessories/digital_accessories.htm

I have attached the relevant pages out of the Aptus manual, hope this helps

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

classicam

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:31:23 am »

Thanks Yair for your quick reply! I thought by using the Pro II D there will be no cabling needed between the digital back and the camera? Will metadata be recorded for the v mount aptus and the Pro II D combo? What's the advantage for using the Pro II D vs Pro II for a v mount Aptus? Sorry for the questions I did my research in the forum but apparently the RZ Pro II D and the M mount Aptus are the most common combination so I wan't sure if everything will work for the v mount Aptus. Thanks again!

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:55:20 pm »

Thanks Yair for your quick reply! I thought by using the Pro II D there will be no cabling needed between the digital back and the camera? Will metadata be recorded for the v mount aptus and the Pro II D combo? What's the advantage for using the Pro II D vs Pro II for a v mount Aptus? Sorry for the questions I did my research in the forum but apparently the RZ Pro II D and the M mount Aptus are the most common combination so I wan't sure if everything will work for the v mount Aptus. Thanks again!

The Mamiya interface for the Pro-II D is only available for Mamiya interfaced digital backs. For any combination of Mamiya RZ Pro/Pro-II/Pro-IID you would require a sync cable unless the camera is Pro-IID and the digital back has a native 645 Mamiya interface.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up