Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phocus Problem  (Read 1524 times)

orc73

Phocus Problem
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:29:26 am »

Hi

I was shooting tethered with my H4D yesterday. I saw all the pictures coming in shot by shot. Then I tryed to review the pictures then during shoot and found out it was not possible to move around from pic to pic. So I decided to restart Phocus. Then everything went fine, except that about the 10 last shots were missing, the earlier shots were all in.
Anybody happened to have a similar problem?
my customer did take it quite easy, I would actually not have taken it that easy

best regards

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Re: Phocus Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:41:36 am »

That was probably a hickup in the transfer. The thumbs will be shown first in the meantime the actual files are being transmitted. If you encounter this again try disconnecting the firewire cable first and reconnecting it. In most cases the last files that were not in yet will be transferred. Do not immediately restart Phocus! Normally when this happens, Phocus seems unresponsive and after a while the thumb will show a red question mark through it.

orc73

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 07:16:27 am »

ok the thread should probably be named "h4d-40 tethered to phocus problem"

I had several shootings now, when the cable falls out (which is too easy on a macbook pro with the thunderbolt adapter) or looses contact. The camera then turns into waiting stage. Forever. Restarting phocus, computer, camera, unpluging and repluging the cable nothing helps.
The camera would not even allow me to shoot untethered to the CF card then. I'm just there with a 20kUSD piece of gear and have the customer waiting because the camera don't work.
Is there a way to reset the camera? and if, I would really like not loosing my camera settings.

Are there any Hasselblad guys in the forum?
I would just completely give up on tethered. But. The screen on the H4d sucks. And. The camera does sometimes not recognize the CF card. I should start another thread on this.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:08:14 am »

This is something I see with my H4D60 too. It is annoying as hell. Fortunately it does not happen that often but nevertheless. What seems to be doing the trick is removing the cable from the camera and removing the battery as well. It does not happen with my H5 actually, recently I have found out that some refer to the H4 body as the Frankensteinbody. Not sure what they meant with it but I am kind of dead-set on having my H4 body replaced by another H5....

orc73

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 09:26:17 am »

yeah I tryed taking off the battery, taking of the viewfinder, taking off the back, disassembling the whole cam on the dirty location. after several times it was working again.

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 04:11:07 pm »

Orc73,

I've sent you a PM.
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up