Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching perforated papers for portfolio books  (Read 614 times)

derAngler

Searching perforated papers for portfolio books
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:42:26 am »

Hello forum members,

I recently used a package of Moab Lasal Photo Matte 235 gsm duo paper with a perforated border in size 14x11. I printed this on my Epson 3880 for a portfolio book. Unfortunately there accured some problems with warping. Does anyone know about the best settings for this paper regarding ink, paper thickness and drying time, to avoid this problem?
Also I am interested if there are any other or better papers like this with perforated borders that can be used for portfolio books? I am mainly interested in matte papers, that don't handle so sensitive like Baryt papers, but still have a very high Dmax and possess a bright white look. Size doesn't really matter, as I am willing to build up a completely new portfolio book which can be from any manufacturer on the market. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you
Jan

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
Re: Searching perforated papers for portfolio books
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:56:33 pm »

it's not particularly hard to score a page to get it to fold. For me I don't like much of any inkjet papers for portfolio books unless they're to be "throwaway" self promo samples. the matte papers take fingerprints and gunk so easily I'd rather not have them handled over and over. 

If you're protecting the pages behind a plastic sheet or similar I'd recommend Breathing Color Optica One. I love that paper.

Moab had some fairly interesting thing a guy did a while back making 50 handmade books for self promo using Either their Somerset or Entrada papers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up