Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson INK PADS SCAM  (Read 1358 times)

DmitriMarkine

• Dmitri Markine Wedding Photography
Epson INK PADS SCAM
« on: August 15, 2014, 03:07:05 am »

I am using Artisan 725 printer and I get a message saying I need to service my Ink Pads. The utility they provide does not work any more as I used it 3 times already.
Took the ink pads out, cleaned them(they were dry!!) put them back. Nothing. Called an authorized Epson service centre and got more info on the issue:

Basically Epson installed a piece of software inside the printer that forces consumers to pay Epson more money to reset/change Ink pads(which work perfectly). There are no sensors that actually do any checking on ink in ink pads. 
So, once you hit their preset number of prints, the WHOLE multifunction printer shuts off and you can't use it unless you bring it for servicing. And you can't do it yourself and just change ink pads. You have to pay Epson or its dealer for the reset.

Isn't that extortion? Pay us money and let us reset your printer or you will not be able to print,scan,etc??

Whoever had this happen, please share it here. I bet I am not alone, based on I read on other forums.

bteifeld

Re: Epson INK PADS SCAM
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:05:23 am »

You may want to do a search like "Artisan 725 resetter"  to see some do-it-yourself solutions involving installation of a waste ink collection bottle to replace the pad as an ink collector as well as utilities to reset the ink counter within the printer.
Ergosoft Authorized Reseller, Color Services(calibration/profiling/spot color improvement), Printing

DmitriMarkine

• Dmitri Markine Wedding Photography
Re: Epson INK PADS SCAM
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:36:32 pm »

I am aware about programs I can buy to "fix" the issue,but that doesn't absolve Epson of their Ink Scam tactics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up