Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omni, San Diego  (Read 962 times)

James Clark

Omni, San Diego
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:22:27 pm »

Here's a little architecture.

shawnino

Re: Omni, San Diego
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »

Love it. Cool, clean feel. Detail, focus. Careful crop choice.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 12:21:15 pm »

Great lines and shapes. Ideal crop. Could/should it be brighter. I somehow feel like I'm looking at it through a dark tube or through sunglasses; that metal and glass should be gleaming.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 02:06:16 pm »

+1
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

James Clark

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 02:39:58 pm »

Great lines and shapes. Ideal crop. Could/should it be brighter. I somehow feel like I'm looking at it through a dark tube or through sunglasses; that metal and glass should be gleaming.

Thanks for the input.  It's actually a grey building and I used a polarizer to kill glare from the building.  I'll need to go back and see how much I can lighten the building before I start to lose contrast.

Edit - not much :). As soon as I lighten the building I lose texture in the building panels.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:47:09 pm by James Clark »

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 11:14:28 pm »

Thanks for the input.  It's actually a grey building and I used a polarizer to kill glare from the building.  I'll need to go back and see how much I can lighten the building before I start to lose contrast.

Edit - not much :). As soon as I lighten the building I lose texture in the building panels.

It seems like those panels are about 85 to 90% (10 to 15% below pure white) – have you tried raising just the Whites and reducing the Highlights (assuming you are using Lightroom)? That combination helps to maintain highlight detail and adds sparkle to the image without reducing contrast (it actually increases it).
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

James Clark

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:20:27 pm »

It seems like those panels are about 85 to 90% (10 to 15% below pure white) – have you tried raising just the Whites and reducing the Highlights (assuming you are using Lightroom)? That combination helps to maintain highlight detail and adds sparkle to the image without reducing contrast (it actually increases it).

Indeed I did.  The fundamental problem is that the metal tone and the blue sky are not as different as one might expect.   The windows are blue-ish too.  I love the graphic image but the base color is conspiring against me ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 09:12:53 am by James Clark »
Pages: [1]   Go Up