Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photoshop versions  (Read 1149 times)

david distefano

photoshop versions
« on: August 14, 2014, 10:30:38 am »

as an educator, i can get reduced prices for many different software. i was looking to upgrade to photoshop cs6 and i came across sites that offer educator discounts for the software i want, that are u k english. this program is considerably lower in price than the u s version. i would believe that the tools would be the same so what problems would anyone foresee in purchasing the u k version instead of the u s version.

TonyW

Re: photoshop versions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:34:08 am »

It is unusual to find UK pricing on software lower than in the USA so carefully check the credentials of the site offering the software.

May be worthwhile in contacting Adobe directly and asking but I suspect that you will be limited by the EULA

AFAIK you will need to provide to the supplier the name of your school and indicate whether you are a student, educator, or administrator.  This may actually limit the install or upgrades depending on country of purchase - I do not know for sure

(c) Education Version. If we designate the Software or Service as for use by educational users (“Educational Version”), then you may only use the Educational Version if you meet the eligibility requirements stated at http://www.adobe.com/go/edu_purchasing. You may install and use Educational Version only in the country where you are qualified as an educational user. If you reside in the European Economic Area, then the word “country” in the sentence preceding this one means the European Economic Area.

This section of the EULA only states that you may install software in the country you are qualified as an educational user but no mention that the software must also be purchased in that country.

PhotoEcosse

Re: photoshop versions
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:52:43 am »

As far as I am aware, the UK and US versions of CS6 are identical in every respect.

When I first bought into Photoshop and for every subsequent upgrade,, I downloaded the trial version from the US Adobe site but then bought the registration key from the UK site. There was no "conversion" involved - the UK purchased registration key simply unlocked the US download.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."
Pages: [1]   Go Up