Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens when using wide gamut monitor on the internet?  (Read 15419 times)

alfin

Re: What happens when using wide gamut monitor on the internet?
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 02:03:41 pm »

Are you really sure about that? I don't have EasyPix installed now, but since it doesn't give you a choice I'd think it highly unlikely that it produces v4 (they're a pretty conservative company).

ColorNavigator has v2 as default, with v4 as an option. But it's a pretty obscure setting and you have to look for it.

If you look at the metadata in the profile from EasyPix, it shows v4. EasyPix does not have any v2 settings like ColorNavigator.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:05:15 pm by alfin »
Lars Mollerstrom

D Fosse

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 03:19:41 pm »

Well, that is a surprise.

Anyway, it shows that v4 support isn't as poor as some would have it. I used EasyPix on one of my two systems for quite some time, and never had any problems. Indeed it remains one of my favorite calibrators, for its simple efficiency in spite of the obvious limitations.

But then I've always enabled v4 support in Firefox. Once you're down there in the basement flipping switches, it sits right next to the color management mode switch.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 02:20:18 pm »

Guys, I really appreciate the help of all of you. But went through all the replies and it's so conflicting that I'm a bit lost.

What is the consensus, does the latest Safari on Mac, color managed? For both tagged, and untagged images, and graphic elements?

You easily test this using this page http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html

If anyone with a mac and a WG monitor please try and report back?

I checked using Safari and Firefox with colormanagement mode set to 1. The left image does not change at all where the right one does quite a bit for untagged Adobe RGB (which will be tagges by the browser as sRGB since it will assume sRGB with no profile). Also Apple RGB is darker and quite different. For untagged sRGB the right one is the same as the left one in both browsers.

Doing the same with the latest Chrome version the left does not change, but the untagged ones are not correct.

I'm using a profiled Dell U3014 monitor attached to my MBP 15" retina late 2013 model.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up