Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3200 Canson Platine paper preset params  (Read 1300 times)

SergeyT

z3200 Canson Platine paper preset params
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:58:43 pm »

I have recently rediscovered the beauty of Canson Platine with z3200 and would like to get the most out of this combination (Color and B&W).
So far I have used the paper preset downloaded from the Canson site. If I'm not mistaken it sets the Global Ink Limit at 110% and Gloss Enhancer at 89%. Have created my own profiles. The prints are coming out as very nice looking but compared to the same on HP Professional Satin the shadow details appear to be blocked to some extent. I do feel like IL at 110% is probably an overkill and the cause.
Could you please let me know what paper preset settings work for you the best with this paper?

Thank you,
SergeyT.

John Caldwell

Re: z3200 Canson Platine paper preset params
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:22:53 am »

It's been a while since I made a Z3200 print on Platine, but I do recall using the Canson canned preset as a starting point for ink limits and never changing the ink load from that point. I can say that in the case of the Epson 900 series, the ink limits embedded in the Premium Luster default setting seem quite right. It might be interesting to pull back the ink load as see what, if anything, you gain or loose.

Ernst knows a lot about the Z series. I bet he'll offer a suggestion.

John Caldwell

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 10:12:29 am »

Ernst did not use Platine on the Z3200 .........

If the custom profiles were created after calibration of the paper and with the Z3200 spectrometer I would expect the shadow range to be correct. If the PK patches on the printed calibration target show a lower Density on the 100% patch than on the nearest other PK patches it could be that taking down the ink limits of the Canon media preset may help.

Usually it is brighter monitor that shows more shadow detail than the print shows in normal viewing conditions. In comparing the HP Prof Satin and the Platine there is also the influence of the OBA in the HP paper, Platine goes without that. So check in more viewing light conditions.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

SergeyT

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 12:35:06 pm »

Thank you for the replies.
I'm certain that Prof Satin gave me the same amount of shadow details as I see on my monitor while Platine was blocking the darkest tones and I had to apply a curve to the image printed on Platine to match the prints.
Both profiles are custom made using i1Profiler after each paper was calibrated.
As I recall the first(last?) PK patch on the calibration target is the darkest one according to my measurements. I have to recheck on that.

Thanks again,
SergeyT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up