Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else? Multiple issues with ALL Adobe CC (2014) programs  (Read 2154 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've had multiple issues with the latest Adobe CC offerings, the so-called (2014). I had no significant problems with the (older) CC programs. I use Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge, Muse and Lightroom (though that's on an individual, not CC basis).

Now, I'm forced to restart my computer multiple times during the course of a day, because of non-functioning Adobe programs. For example, Bridge stops accessing a folder, Photoshop simply locks up, InDesign crashes when trying to print, Lightroom stops refreshing a folder or importing. This is irregardless of where folders are -- local or network. Making me crazy and impacts my productivity.

I'm running Win 8.1, which has generally been pretty stable -- much to my surprise.

Ann JS

Re: Anyone else? Multiple issues with ALL Adobe CC (2014) programs
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:38:43 pm »

I really have had none of those problems with the CC 2014 series: they all seem to be completely stable.
 I am running them on a Mac.

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 08:19:27 pm »

On Win 7 I have infrequent and reasonably "well behaved" Photoshop crashes. I've always been able to relaunch the program without losing work. There are a few other odd problems that fall into the annoyance category, but nothing that requires restarting the computer.
- Dean

mburke

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 08:45:43 am »

CC2014 Photoshop's type size on all the menus is tiny, tiny, and tiny. I can find no way to enlarge them unless I change my screen resolution. I don't have this problem with CC or CS6. I've tried the Experimental 200% and it is way to huge. You would think this would be a variable setting in Pref's.

nemophoto

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 10:01:06 am »

CC2014 Photoshop's type size on all the menus is tiny, tiny, and tiny. I can find no way to enlarge them unless I change my screen resolution. I don't have this problem with CC or CS6. I've tried the Experimental 200% and it is way to huge. You would think this would be a variable setting in Pref's.

Not sure if this will help you, but under Windows Control Panel, go to Appearance and Display. There are options to change Title bars and menu font sizes, and even embolden them.

Pictus

• Retouching
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:20:19 pm by Pictus »

nemophoto

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion of using sfc /scannnow. I've used it in the past when I've had issue, but sort of forgot about it. That said, it said my system was fine -- nothing amiss.

Robert Ardill

• Images of Ireland
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 02:15:36 pm »

I'm running Windows 7 and had some crashes with Ps 2014 - these have stopped after I updated my display adaptor driver (NVidia Quadro 600).  I read somewhere else that this is one of the most common causes of problems.

If that doesn't work, have you tried a different user?

The problem I'm having ... just about to call Adobe, but perhaps someone here has an answer ... is that I can't run any extensions. The Window/Extension is grayed out.  I notice that in Program Data there is no Extension Manager CC 2014 - which probably accounts for it. The extensions I have do not use Flash Player, which isn't supported in 2014 supposedly.

Robert
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Pictus

• Retouching
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 05:25:20 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion of using sfc /scannnow. I've used it in the past when I've had issue, but sort of forgot about it. That said, it said my system was fine -- nothing amiss.

Glad to help, here if something goes wrong probably I will restore the system from
a true clean image(acronis), many times is better lost time updating/reinstalling
than trying to figure out the "gremlin".

-----

The problem I'm having ... just about to call Adobe, but perhaps someone here has an answer ... is that I can't run any extensions. The Window/Extension is grayed out.  I notice that in Program Data there is no Extension Manager CC 2014 - which probably accounts for it. The extensions I have do not use Flash Player, which isn't supported in 2014 supposedly.

I do not remember what I did for the extension manager... :(
Here the executables are in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CC\
Anyway, download Extension manager https://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/
and the 7.2.1 update https://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_updates/#emcc

Pages: [1]   Go Up