Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projector Crashes Lightroom Slideshow (Macbook Pro)  (Read 2862 times)

John Caldwell

Projector Crashes Lightroom Slideshow (Macbook Pro)
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:23:23 am »

In attempt to display a Slideshow on a Viewsonic projector (Model PJD5134) connected via Thunderbolt > HDMI cable, Lightroom crashes immediately. The projector resolution is set to 1920 x 1080. I did not have a chance to attempt alternate connectivities, namely VGA or DVI.

This is LR 5.3, Macbook Pro 10.9.4. The intent was to "Play" the slideshow, from the LR Slideshow module. This is not an Exported slideshow, being played from another application.

Can anyone share favorable experience using a projector for LR Slideshows? Of interest would be what projector, what means of connectivity, and what OS.

Many thanks,

John Caldwell
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:26:40 am by John Caldwell »

Mac Mahon

Re: Projector Crashes Lightroom Slideshow (Macbook Pro)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »

I ran one successfully the other night.

Mac OS 10.9.4, LR 5.6, VGA connect to an old Panasonic projector (haven't got access to model no.).  No problems.  Our projector doesn't handle 1920 X 1080 though.

Didn't do anything special.  Plug it in and pressed play!

Probably no help to you except that the issue is not likely to be Lightroom.  Has worked with previous versions of LR and MacOS no problems, too.

Tim

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:29:59 am »

I ran one successfully the other night.

Mac OS 10.9.4, LR 5.6, VGA connect to an old Panasonic projector (haven't got access to model no.).  No problems.  Our projector doesn't handle 1920 X 1080 though.

Didn't do anything special.  Plug it in and pressed play!

Probably no help to you except that the issue is not likely to be Lightroom.  Has worked with previous versions of LR and MacOS no problems, too.

Tim

Similar to Mac. But projector only 1400x1050.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

John Caldwell

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:17:55 am »

Thanks to you both. Are you viewing the Slideshow from LR's Slideshow module while the projector is connected, or are you viewing a slideshow produced in LR from another application, please?

I gather neither of you are viewing the projector output at 1920x1080?

Many thanks,

John Caldwell

Mac Mahon

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:37:12 pm »

Yes.  Ran LR slideshow from LR.

No. Not 1920 x 1080.   1024 X 768 I believe.  (very much sub-optimal for good inages IMH, but it's what we have!)

tim

Pages: [1]   Go Up