Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-100: how to remove ink on interior rollers?  (Read 1391 times)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Canon Pro-100: how to remove ink on interior rollers?
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:16 am »

Hi,

My Canon Pro-100 has somehow gotten black ink on one or two of the interior rollers or some interior surface. The result is a black irregular horizontal smear (ca. 1 inch long by 1/8 width) at the top left of the print. There is no ink on the feed roller and the exit rollers are clean. I've tried the maintenance procedures to clean the bottom plate and rollers, but I haven't been able to complete remove the ink from the inner rollers. Several searches on the 'net have described how to clean the feed roller and exit rollers, but I haven't found much about cleaning the interior components and rollers. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting this ink off those rollers? (BTW, I am assuming the ink is on a roller only because of the horizontally oriented smear at the top of the print. Could it be something else?) Red River paper talks about using a paper slightly saturated with rubbing alcohol and running it through the printer, but I'm apprehensive of doing this. Maybe as a last ditch effort.

Thanks for the help.

Bob
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

huguito

Re: Canon Pro-100: how to remove ink on interior rollers?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:19:05 pm »

Hi Bob
You may have a head strike on the paper.
Is the paper curling at the ends?
Is it a thick paper?
Like heavy fine art or watercolor paper?
Can you post a picture of the area that shows the smear of ink?

Hugo

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Canon Pro-100: how to remove ink on interior rollers?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 08:15:41 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I think I may have had a leaking cartridge, specifically the black cartridge. I have subsequently changed out what I believe to be the defective black ink cartridge for a new one and have not seen the smear reappear. I'll post again, should this observation prove to be false.

Best wishes,

Bob
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up