Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 Error Code 08:11  (Read 3290 times)

David Budd

HP Z3100 Error Code 08:11
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:44:44 am »

I downloaded a paper preset from the HP site and imported it via the printer utility. A message appeared that said the preset had imported OK and that the printer would now re-start.

Well, the printer never did restart, although the front panel was a illuminated and the fan was running. After about 10mins I turned off the printer and removed the power cable, left it for 5 mins and did a restart...no luck,  I repeated that another three times, still no joy. I removed  the formatter card and cleaned the contacts, still no luck.

The hard drive on the formatter appears to start-up, and then shuts down, so it would appear that somehow the preset download has corrupted the drive. From what I can gather the hard drive alone can't be replaced, so it looks as though a new formatter is the order of the day.

In Australia HP parts are very expensive, over a  AUD1000.00 for the formatter, although I see that there are a number of sites such as Ebay and in China offering refurbished and OEM one's for a lot less. Does anyone have any experience in buying from these outlets ?

If someone has any suggestions that may solve this problem, other than replacing the formatter I would be most grateful to hear from you.

Thanks

-David.

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Re: HP Z3100 Error Code 08:11
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 01:18:41 pm »

I have investigated this issue and was told to remove the formatter board and re-seat it then try starting up. If the same code comes up then it is time to replace the formatter with hard drive. They are on ebay for $325.00 on up. Good luck.
Mike

David Budd

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:31 am »

Mike

I cleaned the contacts on the formatter board and reseated it but it made no difference.

I then decided to change the CR 2032 battery thats on the board, even though the error code 08:11 doesn't relate to
that being the issue...and it worked, printer back up and running.

-David.

Mike Sellers

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 12:42:33 pm »

wow-that is very interesting! I wish I knew this before I ordered my new formatter board.
Mike

Mike Sellers

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 12:44:06 pm »

where did you get the cr2032 battery?

David Budd

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 03:18:13 am »

Mike

The battery is readily available in pharmacies, hardware stores etc, marketed under the Energizer brand, Duracell have the equivalent as well. Its a 3volt CR 2032, sell's here for $4.95.

May be worth checking your old board to see if that was the problem.  Either way, you will land up with a spare board if that was the problem, or
your purchase will be justified.

-David.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 05:21:24 pm »

I had the exact same issue and only discovered the battery was the culprit after replacing the original formatter.  Very questionable that this information is not more readily disseminated by HP, as the cost difference between a new battery and a new board is not insignificant.  It's the old "get a new car when the ash tray is full" metaphor (although I don't smoke).
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

namartinnz

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 09:24:21 pm »

Makes me wonder if that was the cause of the erratic behaviour of my Z3100 near the end. Something I would definitely have tried before getting the Z3200. Ah well, it all done and dusted, better watch out it could happen to the 3200s?

Neal

jhein

Re: HP Z3100 Error Code 08:11 SOLVED!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 12:01:37 am »

I know this is an old topic but....
My 10 year old Z3100 was suddenly afflicted by this error message.  I was dreading the thought of putting significant money into the printer.  But lo and behold a quick search on LuLa and a possible answer was found.  I checked the voltage on the CR 2032 backup battery and it read only 0.3volts instead of 3.3V.  A quick errand to the store to spend $6.00 on a new battery, reseat the formatter board and voila, I am back in business!!

thanks everyone!
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up