Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CANON iPF 8400 question...  (Read 1403 times)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
CANON iPF 8400 question...
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:26:41 am »

Hi
When one adds a Custom Paper using the Media Configuration Tool is seems as though you "lock" the specific media type i.e. Hahnemuhle Museum Etching to either "Roll" or "Cut Sheet".

I have configured mine to "Roll" and it won't allow me to use the "Museum Etching" configuration when I want to use "Cut Sheet". Does on have to go through the whole procedure again with a cut sheet? Surely not...

Does anyone have the answer?

Thanks
William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
Re: CANON iPF 8400 question...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:19:36 pm »

Never had that issue!
Just press "Load" button on the printer, select "Load Cut Sheet", load the Museum Etching sheet, lower the cover and select the paper you created ("Museum Etching") on the menu.
Are you saying that does not work for you?

William Walker

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 01:25:17 pm »

Hi Geraldo - thanks!

It seems to be only when I try to print a target with Colormunki. It works as you say when printing from Lightroom.

It seems I am just going to bite the bullet and use more paper than necessary building profiles.

Thanks again
William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:48:09 pm »

William, please let us know how it goes. I just purchased an ipf8400 and will soon be headed in the same direction you are.

William Walker

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 03:24:20 pm »

William, please let us know how it goes. I just purchased an ipf8400 and will soon be headed in the same direction you are.

David, tomorrow I am going to plough on and build profiles using the rolls. I will salvage the unused paper now knowing that I can at least use that for normal printing.

I will hopefully build five new Hahnemuhle profiles! I received the paper from Germany on Friday - it appears that no-one stocks too much fine art paper locally. The printer really works well otherwise, no complaints!

Jeff Magidson

• Artslides Digital Imaging
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 05:47:35 pm »

~ Jeff Magidson
Custom Archival Printing
http://artslidesboston.com

William Walker

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 07:53:06 am »

I would read this thread-   http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=88636.msg723379#msg723379

~ Jeff

Thanks Jeff - I think that did the trick! I am very grateful to you.
William
Pages: [1]   Go Up