Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are we ready for this? Software can change the weather in a photograph  (Read 2221 times)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Are we ready for this? Software can change the weather in a photograph
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:48:04 pm »

Wow! No more getting up at 3 am to be ready to catch the golden light of dawn! Just take all your pictures at midday, when the light is terrible, and fix it all later in PP.

How soon will they have this in Photoshop CC I wonder?   :D
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

TonyW

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 01:15:09 pm »

Wow! No more getting up at 3 am to be ready to catch the golden light of dawn! Just take all your pictures at midday, when the light is terrible, and fix it all later in PP.

How soon will they have this in Photoshop CC I wonder?   :D

+1 on not having to find the golden light at ungodly hours and I welcome the move to make my dull photographs mysterious and maybe even moderately interesting  ;D 

chez

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »

Part of the joy of photography for me is being there when the vision unfolds in front of me. Its the feeling small in front of mother nature as it spreads it's wings. This is the feeling I try to capture in my images...what I feel in my heart as I press the shutter. The day images are created on the computer without any heart in them is the day I throw away my photography gear. For me, the print is the end result of a long day out in the wild, capturing mother nature in the raw...not sitting in front if a computer and fabricating something you did not witness and feel first hand. I would feel totally cheated in such a situation.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:03:28 am »

I spend too much time indoors and at my computer already. 

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 02:21:31 pm »

It won't be long before we can stay sitting on our fat butts at a computer screen with our remote drone wi-fi'ing photos in for us to push-button process into any kind of "art" we want. I hear black velvet is now available in rolls for printing on!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

daws

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 03:02:51 pm »

Get ready for a new generation of intelligent photo filters that do more than just tint your shot. A program created by Brown University computer scientists lets you choose from dozens of attributes to tweak — making a rainy day sunny, for instance, or making a dull photograph more "mysterious." All it takes is a single command, and the program figures out the rest.
I hear black velvet is now available in rolls for printing on!

...But where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns
Well, maybe next year

MHMG

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 09:16:22 pm »

Aah yes, the "decisive moment" just one mouse click away!  But wait, there's more. Who needs to use a camera? Just access the stock photo database of billions of landscapes and people portraiture, blend/composite/manipulate the existing imagery to suit, and there you have it...Your precious personal photos of your virtual family and your virtual world :D

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 07:24:28 am »

Forget the light, all I'm interested in, is the summer attribute. Adjustable between 20 and 26 degrees.
Pages: [1]   Go Up