Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minolta leaving Canada  (Read 5362 times)

12x20.com

• www.12x20.com
Minolta leaving Canada
« on: October 04, 2005, 07:31:50 am »

Normaly  international Companies try to expand thier market share. So why leave Canada? I detect inner company politics.
Anyone have the inside story.
Rich ???  ???

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Minolta leaving Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 11:29:04 am »

K-M isn't leaving Canada exactly, their products will continue to be sold in Canada. The main difference is that service will be handled by a Canadian company instead of K-M directly. It's most likely a tax thing...

Kenneth Sky

• http://
Minolta leaving Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 04:53:08 pm »

According to our resident guru, it may be a test to see if film returns. To me, it seems a test of my "tribalistic" attachment to this brand. Once upon a time, Minolta came up with true innovations every 10 years or so to keep itself in the game; then they would immitate their competitors with a 30% price advantage. For amatures like me, this presented good value.  I stuck with them aquiring several 35mm bodies and the 7D. My reasoning was that 7 lenses were constantly recycled and the older bodies were handed down to family. I'm starting to feel like an abandoned orphan. I wish I had the insight or intestinal fortitude to sell off my equipment the way Michael did but incremental self justification takes hold. The only good thing about this is I'm still taking what my family and friends (my only audience) think are very good pictures. And then there's the illusion of a "9D".....

12x20.com

• www.12x20.com
Minolta leaving Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 08:00:44 pm »

Perhaps its because Freeman Patterson will not use Minolta digital Camera's! :laugh:Just there film camera's
 Minolta's head office are sulking

LesGirrior

Minolta leaving Canada
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 12:54:19 pm »

They wouldn't be the first to leave Canada.

Ben Rubinstein

Minolta leaving Canada
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 03:57:48 pm »

Kenneth, I think MR was being sarcastic.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up