Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca swiss M-2 and Sony a7r  (Read 2645 times)

RomanN.

Arca swiss M-2 and Sony a7r
« on: August 06, 2014, 03:48:13 pm »

Hi,
I have read few weeks ago in other thread about new possibility to use Sony a7r on the Arca swiss M-2.
Till now I cant find any information about it. On arca swiss shop in germany where I am located there are also no informations to this combination and no items are listed.
Do somebody know when this products are available, and where, for what price.
My arca swiss M-2 set up is the usual set up for digital back, not the one for dsrl.
Many thanks for infos in advance.
Roman

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Arca swiss M-2 and Sony a7r
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 04:38:50 pm »

It works very well.

I was able to test the M2 configured as the Acra DSLR2 and am currently working on a review.

I was able to test the following lenses

Schneider 35 XL
Rodenstock 40 HR-W
Schneider 60 XL
Rodenstock 90 HR
Schneider 120mm  (newest version)

The Arca M2 configured this way gives an amazing amount of control with swing/shift/rise and fall. The only limitations are the issue of pixel crosstalk on wide lenses with shift and total weight. However I was surprised to  find that the Arca DSLR2 with the A7r did not weigh any more than my Arca rm3di with a MFD back and 60mm XL.

Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Rod.Klukas

• http://www.rodklukas.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 02:47:03 am »

To do this, you will need the correct bellows, an Arca-Swiss L bracket and a QR clamp with special foot to adapt the L bracket to the rear function carrier.
That is it.
With the A7 you can go fairly wide, down to 32mm, and increase wide angle look even more, by stitching side-by-sides.
Bellows is 071040 for Sony,  L bracket is 802306, and the QR block is 802030.
Hope this helps.
Rod

Rod Klukas
US Representative Arca-Swiss

RomanN.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:29:42 pm »

Thanks a lot for the infos to Paul and Rod.
We need here in Europe also so much involved representative for Arca Swiss like Rod is.
I will go for this kit definitely.
I would never could find the whole kit on Arca website if I would not get these informations.
I have another questions also. Maybe can Rod help me.
I get a Hasselblad H adapter H1 , non N, the older version nr 200013.
What is fanny: this adapter dont match my H3D back. It seems not to be compatible with H3D/H4D. The part at the bottum ( the gold one) that the back must go in is simply too wide. Also the pin doesnt exist -I dont know if this point is really important. I add pics of the item and comparision with a Phase one/Linhof H1 adapter plate that match my back well, as all H plates do, accept this Arca Swiss one.
My quastion is:
-is this plate not compatible or do I get a wrong item,
- or can arca swiss rebuild it to H3D standart and when for what price?
I can not imagine that Arca make only the N version that is compatible with actuall H backs.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:34:55 pm by RomanN. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up