Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Branded Papers  (Read 709 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
HP Branded Papers
« on: August 06, 2014, 10:08:00 am »

What are some of your favorite HP branded papers and why? I am getting a Z3100 soon.
Mike

aaronchan

Re: HP Branded Papers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 12:02:21 pm »

You don't have to use HP paper even you are using HP printers.
With the HP Z series, you can use the on-board spectrophotometer to calibrate and profile all kinds of paper.

Back to your question, HP instant Glossy/Satin are my fav. HP paper, but I haven't used them for decades.

aaron chan

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:05:23 pm »

It is probably the printer that is the least dependent on OEM media. Easy tot add paper manufacturer's media presets or create your own from the default ones. Calibration and profiling goes more or less automatically with the integrated spectrometer and the bundled software. On top of that HP had soms nice documents describing the use of third party media.

Unique in the HP media stable is Matte Litho Realistic. Professional Matte Canvas had been good media for me on soms jobs. Avalability is more an issue. I do not think you should worry too much about the compatibility of third party media. Aardenburg Imaging shows the fading resistance of several combinations. Some gloss papers show more gloss difference up tot bronzing than other ones. That's it.

Ernst Dinkla

hugowolf

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 01:08:32 pm »

What are some of your favorite HP branded papers and why? I am getting a Z3100 soon.
Mike

I use Epson printers. I have maybe a couple of rolls of Epson Lustre and a roll of Epson Semi-matte. I have rolls and sheets from Canon, Canson, Hahnemühle, Harman, Breathing Color, Innova, Inkpress, Ilford, and Museo.

You should be looking at favorite papers, not favorite HP branded papers.

Brian A
Pages: [1]   Go Up