Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scottish Independende Debate  (Read 57104 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: Scottish Independende Debate
« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2014, 12:45:28 pm »

Anyway, glad you're staying. Can we now get on with getting shot of this ToryDem government?
Getting shot of the Tories you mean. The Lib Dems tempered the Tories and stopped them being as awful than they otherwise would liked to have been. Things would have been even nastier without the limited restraint imposed by a more moderate party. Be thankful that wasn't the case.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2014, 02:27:23 pm »

And what do YOU think Jeremy? It is cowardly to hide behind someone else's statements. :(

I agree with him. I've never had any difficulty. But you're obviously and childishly wrong about "hiding": I quote because I approve of the way in which someone with greater facility with words than I has expressed a sentiment. Many educated and well-informed people do.

Jeremy
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:29:42 pm by kikashi »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2014, 02:30:54 pm »

Salmond has wasted a lot of money on a personal ego trip

Well, he's gone now. This was rather droll: it reminded of an episode of The Thick of It.

Jeremy

Isaac

« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2014, 04:07:35 pm »

I found the entire event very divisive and damaging I only hope the message for ALL the people of the UK has got through about wanting proper democracy, not just Scotland

The big question about the Prime Minister's plan to hand more control over taxes, spending and welfare to the four nations is how far this would end the subsidy of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland by England, and especially by London and the South East.

The English enjoy public-service spending per annum equivalent to under 40% of the income they generate, whereas annual outlays on public services in Wales are equivalent to more than 60% of nationally generated income per head.

The ratios for Scotland and Northern Ireland are just over 50% and not far off 70% respectively.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2014, 04:19:39 pm »

Getting shot of the Tories you mean. The Lib Dems tempered the Tories and stopped them being as awful than they otherwise would liked to have been. Things would have been even nastier without the limited restraint imposed by a more moderate party. Be thankful that wasn't the case.

Hmm. I think you'll find they facilitated Tory nastiness, rather than reduced it

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2014, 09:33:16 pm »

Hmm. I think you'll find they facilitated Tory nastiness, rather than reduced it
No they reduced a lot of the crap the tories wanted to implement. The tories got the most votes, but not enough to be a stable government. The only other option was to have another re-election if Lib Dem didn't pair up with the Tories. That wouldn't have gone down well. Pairing up with Labour didn't seem viable/doable, not that there's much difference between Tory and Labour anymore anyway. New Labour are basically Old Tory.
I think Cameron was made up about the Lib Dems joining up as whatever shit the Tories did, LD got the blame even if they reduced the amount of shit being poured on top of us.
Anyway here a photo of Clegg the day before he drank from the poisoned chalice...

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Gulag

« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2014, 12:15:21 am »

Trillions of dollars at stake, aka the TPTB. If voting were able to change anything, it would be illegal in the first place. Love your freedom because it's in fact slavery as George Orwell famously put it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:51:41 am by Gulag »
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2014, 01:49:23 am »

Trillions of dollars at stake, aka the TPTB. If voting were able to change anything, it would be illegal in the first place. Love your freedom because it's in fact slavery as George Orwell famously put it.

Drivel.

Gulag

« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2014, 02:09:52 am »

Drivel.

"I often emphasize that a significant percentage of the population is incapable of thought and rational response. They want to hear what they want to hear and go into a rage when they don’t. They read not to learn but to have their ignorant biases substantiated."

— Paul Craig Roberts
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2014, 02:15:08 am »

Ooh, you can cut and paste. You're still spouting drivel.

Gulag

« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2014, 02:50:00 am »

Ooh, you can cut and paste. You're still spouting drivel.

Yes,  Ben Franklin famously wrote, "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

— Jean Baudrillard

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2014, 02:54:34 am »

Yes,  Ben Franklin famously wrote, "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Ooh, the troll can use Google. Go away, troll.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2014, 07:50:29 am »

It is a shame that this thread, along with the other next to it, no longer reflect the passionate but reasoned and civilized tone of the vast majority of those who live and voted in Scotland.

Topics locked
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:53:08 am by Chris Sanderson »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up