Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting from Lightroom to memory card on Samsung S4  (Read 1896 times)

HDProman

Exporting from Lightroom to memory card on Samsung S4
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:06:18 pm »

My question is, how can I export from Lightroom running on Windows 7 64bit, directly to a specific folder located on an SD memory card on my Android Samsung Galaxy G4 Smartphone?
While my phone is connected via a USB cable I am able to see the desired device and folder, SCH-I545 > Card > DCIM > Camera, however Lightroom displays a message that says “Camera The folder name is not valid”.
Is there a trick I need to know or perhaps an app.
Thanks, Floyd.

mlewis

Re: Exporting from Lightroom to memory card on Samsung S4
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 05:07:37 am »

Lightroom probably doesn't like the DCIM folder as that is where all digital cameras save their photos.  The easy way around it is to export the files to a different location and use Windows Explorer to move the files to that folder.  A folder not in the DCIM folder would probably work.

Why do you want the pictures to be in that particular folder.  Would another folder do?

HDProman

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:29:38 pm »

Thanks for all the good responses.
No matter where I try to export from Lightroom if the folder is on my Smartphone Lightroom will not allow the export.
Any folder on the phones internal memory, ever if I create a new folder or any folder on the additional SD memory card including any I created using my PC, the export is not allowed.
I have to export to a folder I create on my PC and then I can drag and drop these files onto the SD card while the phone is connected to my computer via USB. This method works and is relatively easy it was just an idea I had to try exporting directly to the Smartphone.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 02:32:09 am »

With my old Galaxy S i9000, when I connected it to the computer via USB it showed up as an external drive. With my S4, it connects as a 'media device'. I think therein lies the problem. I can move files to/from the phone using Windows Explorer, but I don't think LR is recognizing it as a 'drive' per se.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up