Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a bag  (Read 17639 times)

Jay Kaplan

Looking for a bag
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2005, 09:55:34 pm »

I currently have a Tamrac slingshot bag, the Velocity 9 and it holds a fair amount of stuff.

Currently I use it with my Pentax Spotmatic with a 100mm f4 macro lens mounted. In addition I also carry the 50mm f1.4 prime, 28mm f3.5, 200mm f4 and the 300mm f4.

The Spotmatic is about the same size as the 20D if that gives you a relative comparison. I placed it on the counter at my local camera shop since I thought the newer cameras were so much bigger and heavier. And here I thought the Spotmatic was relatively small. Well, compared to a 1DSMKII it is, but then so is a MiniCooper.  

I also generally carry about 10 rolls of film, assorted filters, cable releases and other stuff including a lightmeter.

The bag is reasonably portable with the strap across my chest and is not too uncomfortable. It also has a waist strap that I have not used and a grip/handle on the top when I just want to carry it without having it on my shoulder. I can access most of what I need while carrying the bag across my shoulder. Since I am right-handed, the bag sits on my left hip, but it also works the other way too for those of you who are left-handed.

The shop did not have the similar model from LowenPro at the time I bought the Tamrax, so I could not make a direct comparison, but I am satisfied with my purchase.

From what I have seen in the VJ, Michael carries everything in the back of the SUV he travels in and uses a vest when out of the car.

lester_wareham

• http://www.zen20934.zen.co.uk/
Looking for a bag
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2005, 02:32:18 am »

Have you tried using a space blanket? I carry one around all the time. They usually have a silver reflective side and a red side. They fold up to extremely small dimensions for their size (mine folds to barely larger than a pack of Kleenex). Not only can they be used as a ground cloth, but also as a reflector (silver side) and even as an emergency weather cover. Also, they are relatively inexpensive, so no need to worry about wear and tear.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51675\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's a good idea. I used to carry one in a car as part of the "stuck in the snow" kit. I don't know what happend to it though. The last cold winter in the UK was about 20 years ago, looks like it might be one this year. I guess a good camping shop is the place to look.

Ben Rubinstein

Looking for a bag
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2005, 01:22:18 pm »

You can say that again, my arthritis is playing havoc already.

lester_wareham

• http://www.zen20934.zen.co.uk/
Looking for a bag
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2005, 04:44:03 am »

Some Pictures to show what can be fitted in the Slingshot 200 at

Slingshot 200 Pics

Lester
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 12:27:17 pm by lester_wareham »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up