Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same C1Pro Database Files used on a Mac and Windows machines?  (Read 1822 times)

geezerhood

Same C1Pro Database Files used on a Mac and Windows machines?
« on: August 03, 2014, 05:13:04 pm »

I primarily stick to Windows machines and have been pleased with how easy it is to carry an external drive from one machine to another, plug it in and run C1Pro with the existing file structure. (Everything I do is on the external drive other than the program)

Just for fun I tried running C1Pro on my son in laws Mac.  It is an older iMac dual core. Nothing special. It runs circles around my i5 windows 8 tablet speed wise.  Rendering 100% views for D800 RAW files in less than 2 seconds where my i5 sometimes takes 30 seconds or more. When doing local adjustments like a mask, the Mac keeps up in real time whereas my i5 bogs down and I have so wait for it to catch up.

I would like to be able do some work on his computer from time to time, but I know nothing about how a Mac handles files or about how C1Pro runs on a Mac compared to Windows.

Can I just plug my USB drive into his iMac and run a catalog or session database file in C1Pro then quit the program and unmount the USB drive without messing things up for when I go back to my windows slow boat?

If not, what do I need to be aware of to be able to go back and forth between two windows machines and one Mac?

Thanks,

Don

colinm

Re: Same C1Pro Database Files used on a Mac and Windows machines?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »

As long as the external drive's using a format that both operating systems can read and write (i.e. FAT32 or exFAT), yes, you should be able to work on multiple platforms to your heart's content.

If you're using sessions, you can definitely do this without any issues. I haven't tried it with catalogs, but I don't foresee any reason it wouldn't work unless Phase One gave it no thought at all.
Colin

geezerhood

Re: Same C1Pro Database Files used on a Mac and Windows machines?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 02:34:26 pm »

Thanks for the info colinm.

I am going to take my external HD and give it a try. I figured I should ask before messed something up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up