Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does LR have an Equivalent of the Color Sampler Tool?  (Read 1560 times)

BradSmith

Does LR have an Equivalent of the Color Sampler Tool?
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:06:37 pm »

Does LR have the equivalent of Photoshop's Color Sampler Tool?  In LR, I know I can see the RGB values of the location of the cursor in the histogram window, but I'd like to be able to select a point, then edit the color values of the image and see how the numeric RGB values are changing as I do it.
thanks
Brad

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Does LR have an Equivalent of the Color Sampler Tool?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:13:26 pm »

No. You can very loosely do it with custom Tone Curves loaded from presets, but LR isn't really about editing by numbers.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:15:09 pm by john beardsworth »

eliedinur

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »

I edit by the numbers by taking advantage of the fact that the Basic panel sliders can be moved by first clicking on the slider name and then using the + and - keys. Thus I can select the slider, put the mouse on the chosen spot and watch the RGB values change as I use + and -. In fact this can also be done with the Parametric Curve, HSL, Sharpening and Effects.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

BradSmith

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 12:37:25 am »

Elied
Thanks. Just what I was trying to do.  But I couldn't figure out how to do it with curves. I'm using LR 4.
Brad

eliedinur

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:23:18 am »

Elied
Thanks. Just what I was trying to do.  But I couldn't figure out how to do it with curves. I'm using LR 4.
Brad
You can't do it with the point curve because you need to use the mouse to drag the points, but the parametric curve is slider operated. To get the parametric curve, click on the curve icon in the bottom right corner of the panel.

On the point curve interface you do have before/after values, but they are luminosity values or single channel values, not RGB.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 10:16:03 am »

It's a shame LR doesn't behave like ACR which can do this and with a boat load of sample points. You all should make a feature request on the Adobe site, can't hurt.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&loc=en
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up