Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Update LR 5.6 from 5.5  (Read 3136 times)

donbga

Can't Update LR 5.6 from 5.5
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:55:01 am »

I have a subscription to Adobe PS CC and I also purchased PS LR 5.

Last week a new update became available for PS CC 2014 and PS CS6 which I updated successfully using the CC updater. Unfortunately I can't update LR 5.5.

The CC Updater doesn't show the update being available and I can't update from within LR 5.5.

So at this point I don't know what my options are.

Any suggestions?

Keith Reeder

• Capture The Moment
Re: Can't Update LR 5.6 from 5.5
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:24:44 am »

Are you using the CC version of Lr, or the standalone?

If it's the latter, you'll need to uninstall that before the CC Desktop app wll be able to pull down the update.

Or- as I've done - simply download the standalone (non CC) version of Lr 5.6 and install that:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5823
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5822
Keith Reeder
Blyth, NE England

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 10:51:14 am »

Hello,

the update is not shown up as an update in the CC-tool 'Adobe Creative Cloud'. You find a button named INSTALL next to Lr, and when pressing this button, the update is performed properly. It first removes the old version of Lr and then installs the latest version which is now 5.6 without losing any setting or anything else.

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

donbga

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:59:32 am »

Are you using the CC version of Lr, or the standalone?

Or- as I've done - simply download the standalone (non CC) version of Lr 5.6 and install that:

Standalone, though I updated to 5.5 through the CC updater before. I ended up installing the 5.6 ver. stand alone to get the update completed.

Thanks,

Don Bryant

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 12:06:21 pm »

Standalone, though I updated to 5.5 through the CC updater before. I ended up installing the 5.6 ver. stand alone to get the update completed.

Thanks,

Don Bryant

The Adobe CC updater is rather fickle in regards to Lightroom.  Another way to update it is via the Help menu – “Check for Updates…”

wmchauncey

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 12:29:22 pm »

The Adobe CC updater is rather fickle in regards to Lightroom
Fickle is a rather delicate phrase to be using...I spend two days and 8 hours of screen sharing with Adobe Cust. Suppt. with my LR 5.6 CC upgrade.
They did a total of three un/reinstalls, done in different ways to get it right and...having all my images as they should be.
The things you do for yourself die with

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 02:02:34 am »

Fickle is a rather delicate phrase to be using...I spend two days and 8 hours of screen sharing with Adobe Cust. Suppt. with my LR 5.6 CC upgrade.
They did a total of three un/reinstalls, done in different ways to get it right and...having all my images as they should be.

Agreed.  How about recalcitrant obstinate obtuse b*****d !!!  (have often use this terminology to describe software).

donbga

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 03:51:40 pm »

The Adobe CC updater is rather fickle in regards to Lightroom.  Another way to update it is via the Help menu – “Check for Updates…”

This is (or was) how I've updated in the past since LR 1. This time I was directed to the Adobe CC web page instructing me to use the Adobe CC updater which didn't work. Go figure.

Don

rasterdogs

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 10:30:30 am »

Yup. I encountered this problem. Solved it by screwing around complexly enough that I'm not sure what/how it was solved.  ???
 I'm not using these tools professionally. If I were, this would be absolutely unacceptable.  The Creative Cloud needs work.
- Mr. Dogs

[/quote]
Pages: [1]   Go Up