Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ack ipf8300 odd behavior - print head?  (Read 777 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
ack ipf8300 odd behavior - print head?
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:36:49 pm »

Hi All,
   Earlier today I went to print and a new popup appeared that said "top cover open, turn off printer and wait." none of the top covers were open. on the computer screen it showed a picture of one of the ink tank covers being open with the same error message. I turned the printer off, waited a few hours over dinner. now I just turned the printer on and it says "left print head error, open top cover and replace the left print head." - no error code or further info. I've printed several things today with no issues, errors or problems in print quality. has anyone experienced this? ideas?
thanks
Mark

Landscapes

Re: ack ipf8300 odd behavior - print head?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »

Not quite sure where you are at, but I can say that my 6100 will go from being 100% great, to getting a message that says to do a cleaning on the printhead and if it fails to make the message go away then to replace it.  There is no point in doing a cleaning, it always has to be replaced in my experience. These machines unfortunately do not tell you how many nozzles have been remapped and hence the health of your printhead.  I also remember reading here that the open top cover problem has come up and been related to either a board issue, or something else, but the connection between the top cover message and some major issues has been discussed quite a bit.  Sorry I can't be of more help, but my guess would be the printhead needs replacing and I doubt you have been able to do anything with it after getting that message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up