Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microstock vs Gallery Sales  (Read 15742 times)

Jim Coda

• Jim Coda Photography
Re: Microstock vs Gallery Sales
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2014, 08:41:16 pm »

Why?

Because very few people make good money at it.  If you want to try, then come up with a plan and implement it.   

Gulag

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2014, 09:08:59 pm »

Why?

Have you ever heard of a guy called Karl Marx? Because he showed you the only way to the $$$.
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

trevarthan

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2014, 09:19:20 pm »

Have you ever heard of a guy called Karl Marx? Because he showed you the only way to the $$$.

Photography won't make money because of Karl Marx. Gotcha. I'll keep that in mind.

Gulag

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2014, 10:38:02 pm »

Photography won't make money because of Karl Marx. Gotcha. I'll keep that in mind.

What you mean by "make money" is to make a living, perhaps? What I said was that you need to look elsewhere if the purpose of your life is making big money. How to make big money is what Karl Marx revealed to the world in his book titled Das Kapital.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:42:14 pm by Gulag »
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

telyt

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 12:35:28 am »

If you want to make a small fortune in photography, start with a large fortune   ;D

Colorado David

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 07:35:50 am »

Joke - Insert name of industry here - Aviation, Horse Racing, Farming.  I first heard this joke in reference to aviation; How do you make a small fortune in aviation? etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up