Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does this photograph mean to you?  (Read 2377 times)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: What does this photograph mean to you?
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 12:43:42 am »

The new one feels much more coherent than the original. You have successfully eliminated all irrelevant items, and it now stands as a much stronger image, IMHO.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 07:07:55 am »

Well it's been sometime since I started this thread and I'm back to show the final result. The image attached is the final version of the one that started the thread. I went back and re-shoot the scene after posting the first one here. This version of the image has been, a bit to my surprise, well received locally so I'm posting here to get reactions from some who don't have any history with the buildings in it.

I'm glad that you went back to re-shoot. For a second there, I was worried that you might have cropped the original photo, which is not permitted here. :)  (Just having some fun.)
--
Robert

Iluvmycam

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 07:26:12 am »

OP, nothing.

Snapshot.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 11:14:44 am »

...And exclude the statue...

I wonder why? It seems to perfectly fit your narrative, whether one sees a face palm or weeping in it. It also serves the purpose visually, creating a sense of depth and a triangular composition.

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 11:47:00 am »

I wonder why? It seems to perfectly fit your narrative, whether one sees a face palm or weeping in it. It also serves the purpose visually, creating a sense of depth and a triangular composition.

Yeah I thought about that statue, Slobodan. I like it very much and have photographed it by itself a few times. It's very moving to see it in person. It actually faces the OKC bombing memorial and is the church's comment on the bombing so it doesn't really mean what it appeared to in the original image. At least in my mind, and for the purpose of this assignment, the church was broadly representing Christian life (not the church, per se) and the cross extending higher than the office building was to express which should be the higher priority (thus the use of "perspective"). So the statue weeping over the church, although certainly a poignant and valid commentary, was not the point this time.

I cloned out the head of the statue after re-framing to remove the rest of it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up