Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miles Hecker  (Read 1613 times)

Praki

Miles Hecker
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:01:14 am »

I had contacted Miles Hecker's web site about some photo guides and was shocked to hear that he had passed away. I have enclosed the message from his wife. This is a sad loss for the photographic community and all the people he touched.

"My husband, Miles Hecker has died unexpectedly.  I will attempt to respond to his emails as promptly as possible and resolve any auto-download problems as they arise.

As a lasting tribute to my husband, Miles Hecker, future electronic sales of his photoguides will be donated to the Miles Hecker Scholarship Foundation  as a lasting memory of the work he has made to the educational and photographic communities worldwide.

Respectfully,

Nancy Patrick-Hecker"

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Miles Hecker
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:17:29 am »

Hi,

Very sad, I was Miles's first customer on those photo guides. He was a great guy, happy to hear about the Miles Hecker Scholarship.

Best regards
Erik

I had contacted Miles Hecker's web site about some photo guides and was shocked to hear that he had passed away. I have enclosed the message from his wife. This is a sad loss for the photographic community and all the people he touched.

"My husband, Miles Hecker has died unexpectedly.  I will attempt to respond to his emails as promptly as possible and resolve any auto-download problems as they arise.

As a lasting tribute to my husband, Miles Hecker, future electronic sales of his photoguides will be donated to the Miles Hecker Scholarship Foundation  as a lasting memory of the work he has made to the educational and photographic communities worldwide.

Respectfully,

Nancy Patrick-Hecker"
Erik Kaffehr

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 08:20:26 am »

When Miles departed this earthly path of his journey, I immediately remembered the flow of peace and joy he had expressed in an article not long before. This Navajo Prayer was the equivalent of Miles. I have kept it on my traveling external drive since that day...a way to breathe his beautiful spirit.

Shared in that spirit..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:14:47 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

michael

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 11:47:27 am »

I was greatly saddened to hear of Miles' passing. Over the years he was a frequent contributor to this site and a sometime shooting companion.

Miles will be missed.

Michael
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:25:46 am by michael »

Colorado David

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 12:05:04 am »

Miles died in October of last year.  Here is a topic from About This Site from then; http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=82974.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up