Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft Rocks  (Read 885 times)

churly

Soft Rocks
« on: July 24, 2014, 05:15:05 pm »

I haven't been holding up my end of the conversation on Lula lately but here are a couple of shots from the summer to help try to re-engage.
CC always welcome.
Chuck

Chuck Hurich

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Soft Rocks
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 03:58:36 am »

Interesting series, and good consistency on the subject. My vote goes for #1, especially for the vertical striations and grain of the rocks. Given this, I would crop the left hand side, just to enhance this vertical texture. I also find the bird distracting, and at odds with the rest of the elements.

churly

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 01:29:32 pm »

Thanks for the input Paulo.  I included the bird because it seems to me to offer a slightly playful counterpoint to the rest of the image.  An element that is completely out of place.
Chuck
Chuck Hurich

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 07:18:51 pm »

Interesting series, and good consistency on the subject. My vote goes for #1, especially for the vertical striations and grain of the rocks. Given this, I would crop the left hand side, just to enhance this vertical texture. I also find the bird distracting, and at odds with the rest of the elements.

The bird definitely adds the ability for me to scale.  I wasn't sure if this was macro, medium range, or large until I saw the bird.  I like these, difficult shots to capture without looking boring and you've done it well.  Did you frame them this way or are these crops already?
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up