Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Epson 7890 drivers for a 7900 with dropped Orange/Green  (Read 1107 times)

bhbf08

I'm having issues with my Orange/Green and was wondering if I can just use the 7890 drivers on my 7900, thus using only 8 inks instead of 10.  I know the print quality for my application would still be fine, so it sounds like a viable option. 

Ultimately, I would like to fix the Orange/Green, but I'm worried it's going to cost me a new head.  The Orange started with a small deflected nozzle, then it spread to about the middle 1/3 of the entire color.  Shortly after that the problem spread to the green color, also covering about the middle 1/3rd of the color (probably closer to 1/2 of the entire color).   I realize these 2 colors share the same space on the head, so the problem seems to be related, but I don't know how to fix it yet.  I have not tried a SS cleaning (scared to).  And I also haven't ran multiple cleanings on it in danger or ruining it.  I've tried moistening the head cap and that didn't do anything. 

But, for the time being for my few prints, I think it would be a good short term solution to print as if I was using a 7890.  Does anyone know if this will work? Is it as simple as downloading the 7890 drivers and printing to it?  I haven't tried yet and thought I'd ask first.   

Brian H

framah

Re: Using Epson 7890 drivers for a 7900 with dropped Orange/Green
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 10:10:35 am »

Look at it this way... what so you have to lose? Plus, you can come back here and let the rest of us know if it works or not.
I say go for it.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Doombrain

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:50:21 am »

you can, but you'll need to set the driver up over TCP/IP

LGeb

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 06:49:58 pm »

Just tried this with a 7900 I picked up for cheap. The printer has a bad orange channel. I tried the 7890 driver on a lark and it worked perfectly. I'm connected with USB on a Mac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up