Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mall Photography  (Read 5573 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Mall Photography
« on: July 22, 2014, 06:06:30 pm »

Anyone specializing (or having experience) in shooting malls for property owners? I might have a project coming, and would be grateful for the opportunity to pick your brain. PM me if not willing to share it publicly. Also, any links to relevant blogs, tips, techniques, etc. appreciated.

Thanks!

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Re: Mall Photography
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 05:01:42 pm »

I'm shocked nobody has commented on this topic. I've never shot a mall but the first thing I'd want if I were the mall owner is an aerial shot.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 01:03:56 pm »

Malls are an endangered species. 

http://www.deadmalls.com/index.html
Craig Lamson Photo

Walt Roycraft

• roycraftart
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:15 am »

I have been shooting Architecture since the early 80's. Typically I would want a parking lot free of cars and people, making the building the object of interest. With Mall's the opposite is true. The property owner wants to show the Mall is NOT dead but has very busy traffic. If the mall does not have a good traffic flow then shooting with tripod(always) and shooting multiple shots with cars in different spaces and then merging the multiple cars into one image.
I try and use longer lenses and find a grouping of cars and shoot from a distance.
Night shots or sunsets with dramatic skies are always a wow factor.
As mentioned aerial shots.

Interior shots benefit from multiple exposures and I use manual exposure blending.(I hate the overdone HDR look) I also use multiple WB with different exposures to get proper color balance.

PM me if you would like. Best wishes
Walter Roycraft
http://www.roycraftart.c

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 02:15:40 pm »

Paul, wonderful photography on your site.

Thanks for the tips. One question: a lot of people in your shots, although small, are still rather recognizable. Is that a problem? I think privacy laws in UK and Europe are even more restrictive than here.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 05:55:38 am »

If the usage can be classified as editorial (annual corporate reports or website information pages may qualify), then it shouldn't be a problem.

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 04:28:53 pm »

If the usage can be classified as editorial (annual corporate reports or website information pages may qualify), then it shouldn't be a problem.

In my opinion annual reports do not fall under editorial protections. Website page use may or not be editorial depending on who is using it and for what purpose. Still, it may not be a problem for whomever is using it depending on who's looking and who is prepared to do something about it.

Andrew Krucko

• Sydney Architectural Photographer Andrew Krucko
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 12:02:13 am »

Thanks for the Compliment Slobodan.

I don't think it is a problem. My view is that no one in any of my shots could go into court and say that the image is about them or even 5% about them. In thirty years I have had no comeback although there is always a first time!

Paul

yeah reall good work and smart website!
Pages: [1]   Go Up