Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Storing paper  (Read 943 times)

dumainew

Storing paper
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:54:19 pm »

What's the best way, or at least a satisfactory way, to store foto paper (Use Epson Luster and Ultra Premium Glossy)? I'm in New Orleans- it's hot and humid. But I keep the air conditioner on low. And I keep the paper in it's original container inside of a cardboard box out of the light. Suggestions and help appreciated. Thanks. Richard

hugowolf

Re: Storing paper
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 03:41:21 pm »

What's the best way, or at least a satisfactory way, to store foto paper (Use Epson Luster and Ultra Premium Glossy)? I'm in New Orleans- it's hot and humid. But I keep the air conditioner on low. And I keep the paper in it's original container inside of a cardboard box out of the light. Suggestions and help appreciated. Thanks. Richard

Sheets should be stored horizontally and wrapped in a moisture barrier. (Do Epson sheets come wrapped in plastic? Canson sheets do.) It is doubtful the boxes they came in are acid free, hence the plastic, but you could test the boxes with a pH pen.

Rolls should be stored vertically. I have never bought a roll that wasn't wrapped in a plastic sleeve.

Brian A

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:48:04 pm »

An older thread:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=85732.0

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

dumainew

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:09:15 pm »

Thank you all for your suggestions.
There's nowhere else I know to get help like LuLa.
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up