Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Pro to Lightroom  (Read 1421 times)

dwood

C1 Pro to Lightroom
« on: July 22, 2014, 01:31:22 pm »

I'm a long time LR user and although I've played a bit with C1 in the past, I'm gonna take a more in-depth look now. I've done a bit of searching on this forum but haven't found exactly the answer(s) I'm looking for. Here's what I recently did:

1. loaded some RAW images directly into C1 from my Sony a7r - working with v7.2.3 here
2. processed to taste in C1
3. exported from C1 as a 16-bit TIFF (ProPhoto space) and then loaded this TIFF into LR - v5.5

The exported TIFF in LR looks 'close' to the image as I worked it in C1, but there are differences. I would have thought that there would be no visual differences in what I see on the screen between the C1 processed RAW and the exported TIFF in LR. So, am I sadly mistaken about what I expected, or should I be doing this a different way, or...?

-Doug 

indusphoto

• 500px
Re: C1 Pro to Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 07:55:58 pm »

How is it different? Are colors different? is there a difference in clarity/contrast?

dwood

Re: C1 Pro to Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »

How is it different? Are colors different? is there a difference in clarity/contrast?

It was primarily a difference in loss of contrast on the LR side. It was subtle, but it was there. I've since processed additional pictures with this workflow without a problem. It was odd, and a bit disconcerting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up