Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OnePageGallery - for displaying your proofs  (Read 12139 times)

robertwatcher

OnePageGallery - for displaying your proofs
« on: September 28, 2005, 09:47:22 am »

FREE ONE PAGE IMAGE GALLERY FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS

Several hundred photographers (that I know of) are already using my Super Simple Script:  FREE - NO OBLIGATION   (other than letting me know how you used it, to satisfy my curiosity). Nothing more to do than upload this one page (index.php) to your server with the images and you effectively have a website that would require writing and managing hundreds of html pages.

I wrote this one page Image Gallery script for use in my Previews sections - to allow clients to view online, all the images available to them for print and album ordering selection.

Like all of my other scripts I write them so that everything is automated and requires no more work than uploading the "index.php" to a folder of images and thumbnails.

This one improves drastically on any previous scripts in containing the complicated math to go back and forth between an index page and the full size image - plus use the Previous/Next links to act as a slide show.

Configuration of names, urls and colors and cell sizes is at the top of the page so you can customize it to look the way you want.

Screen Shot of Contact Sheet View

Screen Shot of Large Image View

Here is a sample Preview website: Sample Preview Website

Here is the script that makes it happen: OnePageGallery Download

A couple of notes - your server must have PHP installed and you should name the thumbnails and large images with identical names so they show up in the right order - the script reads them from first to last in the folders. A lot of photographers who are using my script use the automated website feature of PhotoShop to create all the images (large and thumbnail) and just discard the html pages that it generates as my one page script is far simpler, more managable and more customizable.

This script has built in right click disable scripts that can enabled or disabled - it can have as many columns and rows as you like - there are two links available for order forms or slide shows, etc (you enable these by putting the url to the file) - there is a Print Page link that can be enabled or disabled -borders and background colors can be added with the Custom Variables at the top of the page for variety - ability to put any color or size border around the thumbnails and/or images.

--------------
-------------

Some wanted the order deadline section left in for proof purposes - some didn't want it.

My solution - if you enter a date in the $deadline variable that is set in the Custom Variables at the top of the page, the order deadline section will display - if you leave the $deadline variable empty between the quotation marks, the order deadline section will not display.

Here are the 2 conditions:

Deadline Section Set
Deadline Section Not Set

AND

Here is another Gallery that shows the versatility of the script by including extra text or HTML tagged content including images and links at the bottom of each page through the $logo variable taht is easily accessable in the user customization section at the top of the script:  

OnePageGallery using $logo variable
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 08:03:44 am by robertwatcher »

robertwatcher

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 08:04:21 am »

UPDATED OPG  SCRIPT

When you download the current script (from the link above), it has been revised to include a customizable variable at the top of the page that allows the choice of a numbering system or the file name to be placed under each image displayed. This change is a result of the large number of requests I have had from people using the script - who wanted to have the file name displayed instead of the default "Preview" plus sequencial number.  I have previously provided instructions on how to alter the script to do this - but some have found it difficult because the line is wrapped in php code.

At the top of the new script you will see the variable $imagetext="Preview"; . If you leave it as it is or change the word to something else like "Slide #" - the sequencial numbering that has always been a part of the script will be displayed under both the thumbnails and large images. If however you leave the variable empty $imagetext=""; (no space between the quotes) - the File name of the image will be displayed on both the thumbnail and large image. This should make it much simpler to have the image description reflect the wording you wish to have displayed.

Here are the 2 conditions:

Preview Number displayed
File Name displayed

robertwatcher

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 08:05:01 am »

PORTRA FOR SIZING IMAGES FOR OPG

I know there are many who are already aware of this great little program that is freely available for generating web albums from your image files. If not, it is called Porta and it is has replaced my custom PP scripts for resizing my Preview Images to fit in my OnePageGallery for presenting to clients on the web. I can reassure you that in this respect, Porta beats the Photoshop web option for resizing - hands down.

Portra does make some nice Framed web layouts and integrates with SimpleViewer - but I am not interested in these more complex and slow loading programs for the constant building of Preview Websites for my clients. My simple OPG script takes no effort on my part and only requires that I provide 2 sizes of images for uploading to the directory where the website will be stored and acessable to my clients. When you run Portra on a directory of images, it does create a bunch of pages and folders, but I just discard everything except the 2 folders called "medium" and "small" which contain the thumbnail and larger size images I require.

Here is my process - I open Portra and select the folder I want resized - Click the Options Button to change settings - check "Add watermarks to main (and large) images" then click the Edit button right beside for adding any copyright information (my text says "Do Not Copy", centered in Arial Black size 36 with transparency set to "8") - I use the default sizes of 80 pixels for thumbnails and 552 pixels for the large images - make sure the check boxes for "Sharpened" are selected - click OK to generate the album. The "medium" folder contains all of the large images which becomes my main folder with my OPG and so I rename it to the clients name to be included in the URL for them to access their site - I upload this folder to my web server (via FTP or File Manager) and place the OPG gallery "index.php" script in this folder with the large images - I then rename the "small" folder that contains all of the thumbnails to "tn" so the folder can be recognized with my OPG script - I upload the "tn" folder into the same directory as all the large images and "index.php"  are - - - everything then runs perfect - nothing more to do. This sounds like a lot of steps, but once you get the system going, it is so quick and easy.

Here is an example of using the process I have justdescribed that includes the Watermark across each image:

http://www.robertwatcher.com/previews/ue2006/

--
Pages: [1]   Go Up