Poll

I see that I've asked this question under "post a new poll" which I hadn't intended

I didn't know I was posting a poll
- 0 (0%)
I didn't know I was posting a poll
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aperture adjustments layout  (Read 3262 times)

bluekorn

aperture adjustments layout
« on: July 20, 2014, 04:02:41 pm »

I'm frustrated by another "hitch" in my Aperture program. When I go to the adjustments tab in the Inspector there have always been five choices that automatically appear for my use; color, exposure, enhance, highlights and shadows, and levels. At some point not long ago the exposure choice disappeared. I can retrieve it manually by going to the "add adjustment" tab which has a drop down window that includes many tools, among them the choice for exposure, but as soon as I go the next picture the exposure option disappears again. Does anyone know how to fix the choices available in the drop down list? how, so to speak, to make the list include the my choice of tools appear permanently and automatically each time a new picture is selected? I've tried default settings and have searched for a clue in preferences but no matter what I do the exposure option in the add adjustment drop down menu always disappears.

Incidentally, I've just updated to Lion and the latest version of Aperture and this problem, which existed before has carried to the new OS and the new Aperture.

I would truly appreciate any insight on this matter. Thank you.

Peter

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
Re: aperture adjustments layout
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 07:51:41 pm »

This is not "a problem" — it's a feature.  Aperture has worked this way since at least v. 3.0 (which came out when I purchased my first camera — I never used an earlier version and know nothing about it).  The control is just not where you've been looking.

Each Adjustment Brick has an Action Menu.  Click this — it's the gear icon top right — and add any Adjustment to your default Adjustment set.

bluekorn

Re: aperture adjustments layout
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:00:51 am »

Kirby, thank you! It was only a problem because I didn't know how to drive this program. I suspected it was a feature but could not for the life of me figure out how to implement it. Along the line I must have inadvertantly clicked on the action gear and lost the exposure window. Thank you again.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up