Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question about Paterson Multi-Reel 3  (Read 31078 times)

bambanx

question about Paterson Multi-Reel 3
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:13:50 pm »

i just write to bhphotovide this questiosn but maybe they take lot of time on answer me, so i posted here if anyone use this tank,
i am interested on buy this tank :
(link)
1- for complete the setup i need the reels and what more?
2- it come with the column?
3- this tanks how many mililiters need for develop two 120mm rolls?
4- can i develop just one 120mm and in this case how many ml i need?

Thanks very much.

PhotoEcosse

Re: question about Paterson Multi-Reel 3
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »

The Paterson tank will come complete with column, reels, lid, etc.

If the instructions do not specify the quantities, it is very easy to work them out.

Slide one reel right down the column. Pour in water until the reel is just covered.. Measure the water you have poured in.

Repeat for two reels and for three reels..

The volumes you get will be very slightly more than you need as you have measured them without films being in the spirals - but the quantities are insignificant.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

pflower

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 06:27:40 pm »

I started on the patterson tanks but found that the Jobo tanks were much easier to load, could be loaded when damp (which the patterson ones can't - or at least my memory is that I couldn't use them).  The Single Jobo tank can do 2x35mm on two reels stacked ontop of each other or 2x120 on a single reel.  The tank needs 500mls - you may have to adjust your development time a little bit if developing 2 films at the same time.  If you are not wedded to the patterson then look at Jobo.

TonyW

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 05:55:40 pm »

Long time since I used these tanks but I believe they still engrave the solution volumes on the bottom of the tank and you will just need to add the volumes together for the number of films you are processing.

From memory there was a locking ring supplied to make sure that the reel stayed in place on the column if processing one film

This may be of help but not sure if current
http://www.photomemorabilia.co.uk/Paterson/Developing_Tanks/Instructions/System4.pdf

melchiorpavone

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:49:46 pm »

Long time since I used these tanks but I believe they still engrave the solution volumes on the bottom of the tank and you will just need to add the volumes together for the number of films you are processing.

From memory there was a locking ring supplied to make sure that the reel stayed in place on the column if processing one film

This may be of help but not sure if current
http://www.photomemorabilia.co.uk/Paterson/Developing_Tanks/Instructions/System4.pdf

Regardless of the number of films loaded into the tank, always fill the tank completely. This will prevent over-agitation. If you are developing only one roll but the smallest tank you have is a two-roll tank, put two reels in it, and put the film on the bottom reel. This will ensure more uniform agitation.

donbga

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:41 pm »

Regardless of the number of films loaded into the tank, always fill the tank completely. This will prevent over-agitation. If you are developing only one roll but the smallest tank you have is a two-roll tank, put two reels in it, and put the film on the bottom reel. This will ensure more uniform agitation.
+1!
Pages: [1]   Go Up