Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topaz Remask?  (Read 18656 times)

Garnick

Re: Topaz Remask?
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 09:25:51 am »

IIRC You install the plugin after running the standalone app (from the app) - see the Topaz site for more info

Well, once again I apologize for letting my mouth(or in this case my fingers) get in the way of my brain.  I just checked in to see if there were any replies to my recent post and sure enough, when I checked I also discovered that indeed the plugin has been installed.  I'm almost certain that the first time I checked there was no sign of a plugin anywhere, but obviously my eyes were deceiving me once again.  I have PS CS3, CS5 & CS6 installed and each one has the plugin on board, so I have no excuses now.

Thanks folks,
Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Frankomatic

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 11:57:24 am »

MAC requires running the stand alone first, Windows doesn't.

from the install instructions,
"To use ReMask as a plugin in Ps, Pse and PsCC you must
first run it as a standalone editor (Mac only). ReMask
will then be available to use in Photoshop via the Filter
menu. For Windows, the plugin should automatically
appear in the Filter list."

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 09:28:32 pm »

I've been using ReMask for a couple of years now. I installed the upgrade and when I tried to use it, the zooming feature did not work correctly. Sent a message to Topaz several days ago and have received no response whatsoever. That is not encouraging. Also suggested that they should implement Ps like keyboard commands for zooming. They already use the spacebar for panning.

I think Re-Mask is okay but not great, depending on how picky you are and how complex your subjects are. The masks almost always need a fair amount of cleanup afterward, so make sure you check the preference to apply the mask as a layer mask on a new layer. The best masking program by far, Ultimatte Knockout, unfortunately is long gone, being run into irrelevance by Corel.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 07:26:03 pm »

From December 17th through December 31st, Topaz Labs is discounting all their products (single plugins or entire collection) by 35%.

The entire collection includes by now 17 programs/plugins in total, some of them functioning also in standalone mode.
Personally, I like and use the following plugins on regular basis - Remask, Denoise, Clarity, Detail, Adjust and Impression.

Here is the link:
TOPAZ PLUGINS at 35% OFF

Use the following discount coupon to get 35% of any plugin or the entire collection
TOPAZ2015

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:38:48 am by LesPalenik »

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 06:21:25 pm »

The best masking program by far, Ultimatte Knockout, unfortunately is long gone, being run into irrelevance by Corel.
As far as I know, Corel has never improved anything they touch.
~ CB
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up