Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Three shots from the Linn of Dee  (Read 1324 times)

KMRennie

Three shots from the Linn of Dee
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:00:53 pm »

Taken this week on an overcast day with just a spit of rain in the air (perfect weather for midges). This is a very well known photography spot in the Highlands of Scotland. A family day out with some time for photography. I finally left when the midges started biting my eyelids. I don't remember 1 of the images being much more orange the others but I haven't tried to warm it up so it probably was. This, I suppose, is a Scottish slot canyon but without the orange rock but with lots of water.
All comments welcome.
Ken

thierrylegros396

Re: Three shots from the Linn of Dee
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:47:23 pm »

1 and 2 are my prefered because more unusual, colors OK for me.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 04:21:35 am »

The swirls in #1 are really interesting, well done.

stamper

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 04:43:21 am »

First Class. The processing is spot on and the water isn't blown out as usually happens with a slow shutter speed.

francois

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 06:40:31 am »

It's a wonderful set but my favorite image is the first one with the second image not far behind. You may not have the orange hues of the Southwest slot canyons but your images don't need that to be brilliant!

Congrats
Francois

KMRennie

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:27:47 am »

Thanks for the nice comments.
The exposre time for the water shot with the swirl is 1.5s, the downstream shot is 3.2s and the orange small waterfall is 1/9s. I use the Lee little stopper for most of my water shots and find that the exposure works well with enough movement to give trails but not turn the entire water surface into milk. Obviously the faster the water the shorter the exposure. I went to the area to shoot mono but only 1 image seems to work. I have severely cropped it and included another shot taken at the same time with slightly different swirls and produced as a mono from the start as opposed to 8768 which is the colour vresion converted. Exposure 1.5s Fuji XE-1, XF14mm. I am astounded by the level of detail produced by this camera when mounted on a tripod and not shooting foliage.
Ken

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 02:23:25 am »

I love all shots. I like the graphic flatness but I wonder how would the photos look with more separation of planes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up