Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macro Equipment question  (Read 876 times)

Herbc

Macro Equipment question
« on: July 15, 2014, 11:29:56 am »

I have a D800E and the Nikon 200mm macro.  For stacking macro images, who makes a gear driven rail setup?

I see plenty of rails, not gear driven, which for my use does not seem practical, as the movement of the camera or the focus plane would be very small.

NancyP

Re: Macro Equipment question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:57:05 am »

Cognisys makes a motorized programmable unit called the StackShot. It is on my to-buy-someday list, for when I go to higher magnifications. It can be driven from within Zerene Stacker or another stacking processing program.
http://www.cognisys-inc.com/stackshot/stackshot.php

Herbc

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 02:12:12 pm »

thanks Nancy-looks like a winner, and just a bit more $$ than RRS offering w/o the electronics.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:59:40 am »

thanks Nancy-looks like a winner, and just a bit more $$ than RRS offering w/o the electronics.

Hi,

I can tell from experience, the Stackshot is a very solid rail with pretty high accuracy. I drive it with its own controller, or with Helicon Remote when shooting tethered for focus stacking. Helicon Remote allows to remote focus if the lens allows that, but for manual focus lenses obviously the Stackshot is indispensable for Focus Stacking. It can also be useful for when  very accurate focusing is required, as it can make a series of shots with slight camera displacements. 

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:05:43 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up