Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating new catalog from a project in an existing catalog?  (Read 5274 times)

mjrichardson

Afternoon

I'm wondering if anyone has done this and can offer some advice. I use sessions for commercial jobs but have a general Catalog I use for personal stuff and general images, I organise images within this catalog by making projects then within these projects I have smart folders for selects etc. I have one project that started small within the general catalog but is increasing in size and importance and I'd like to create a new catalog just for these items.

Is there an easy way of exporting the project to a new catalog? Any advice would be appreciated.

Mat

geezerhood

Re: Creating new catalog from a project in an existing catalog?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:01:41 pm »

Since none of the experienced C1Pro users here have responded, I will give it a shot.....

The quickest way I have found to do what you want if using referenced image files in the catalog, is to duplicate the catalog by copying the entire folder from where it resides to a new location, renaming the database file and the folder name to match (everything else in the folder(s) can remain the same), then remove the stuff you don't want from the new catalog.

I suppose you would do the same if the images are stored in the catalog itself rather than being referenced from their original location, but I never work that way so I don't know if that is the case.

mjrichardson

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:00:33 am »

Hi geezerhood

Thanks for replying, sorry it took me a while to realise!

Duplicating the entire catalog was something I planned had I not found another solution, it's not a very user friendly way of doing things though. I was sort of hoping I could highlight the images in the project and export to a new catalogue, all images are referenced from a different location, none are within the catalog itself. Looks like I will have to do as you suggest.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Mat

geezerhood

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 02:23:19 pm »

You are welcome.

If you have a well organized file / folder structure it is very easy to get rid of the images you don't want in your new duplicated catalog.  Just find the folders that don't belong and delete them from the new catalog. Be sure to only remove the reference, not the physical files / folders when you delete.

Hopefully they are all inside a main sub folder separate from the images you want to keep. That will make deleting them a one step process.

Pages: [1]   Go Up