Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IQ260 Battery Charging Slow Charge/Fast Charge...  (Read 1198 times)

perrettiphoto

• Philadelphia Food Photographer
IQ260 Battery Charging Slow Charge/Fast Charge...
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:06:37 pm »

Hello-

Looked online and in Phase One manual but can't find info explaining difference of Slow Charge, Fast Charge, Off setting for digital back. I was using in studio tethered with the USB cord to laptop and with digital back battery. I had to change battery twice in course of shoot day.

Also tethering with the firewire cable; would that make a difference on how and if the digital back could be charging while tethered to laptop?

Thanks!
Felicia Perretti
Food Photographer
www.perrettiphotography.com

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: IQ260 Battery Charging Slow Charge/Fast Charge...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 06:22:21 pm »

Hello-

Looked online and in Phase One manual but can't find info explaining difference of Slow Charge, Fast Charge, Off setting for digital back. I was using in studio tethered with the USB cord to laptop and with digital back battery. I had to change battery twice in course of shoot day.

Also tethering with the firewire cable; would that make a difference on how and if the digital back could be charging while tethered to laptop?

Thanks!

USB tethering supports battery charging, but generally does not provide adequate power to do so. Firewire is a different story, though depending on the pace at which you're capturing you might set your charging speed accordingly, shooting faster, you'd want a faster charge setting (though this can also contribute toward unreliable connection, depending on the host computer).

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:32:45 pm »

Do you feel this is true with USB3?  I have tethered with the Surface Pro and on one trip I forgot all of the batteries for the back except the battery in the back. That battery was showing less than half on the back. I set the SPro to slow charge and shot for around 2.5 hours before the battery in the back totally died.

The battery never got a charge but sure lasted longer than the normal range which would have been about 30 minutes or so. It sure seemed to give me a lot more life on the one low battery in the back.

I guess my point is that while tethered the backs battery seems to last 4 to 5 times as long.

IQ260. Surface 3

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

jojo204

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 09:22:02 pm »

You also have to remember that all USB 3's are not created equally.  Some people had problems tethering to older iMacs/macbook pros with usb3.  Then after upgrading to newer imacs or macbook pros tethering became virtually problem free.  I was something to do with power output so most likely your Surface 3 has the new more powerful usb ports.  I personally cant wait to give the Surface 3 a shot out in the field. 

perrettiphoto

• Philadelphia Food Photographer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »

Thank you Steve!
Felicia Perretti
Food Photographer
www.perrettiphotography.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up